Solved: Can't use OpenGL on recent builds
having the same issue

Sponsored links

Can you test and see if this works ?

Attached Files
.zip   GSdx32-SSE4.zip (Size: 942,97 KB / Downloads: 235)
What happens if you select OGL or do any change to gsdx,hit ok and go to the gsdx settings again?
Are the changes still there?
Hmm I'm running 18.9.3 and I can select OpenGL just fine with my RX480.
(10-01-2018, 01:30 AM)Bamafan35611 Wrote: having the same issue

What components do you have?

(10-01-2018, 03:32 AM)lightningterror Wrote: Can you test and see if this works ?

It recognized it because it allowed me to pick an adapter, but the changes are not saved and I'm still not able to use it.

(10-01-2018, 05:54 AM)vsub Wrote: What happens if you select OGL or do any change to gsdx,hit ok and go to the gsdx settings again?
Are the changes still there?

No. If I go into the settings, change to OpenGL, accept the changes and then I go back, the changes are not there.
That means you have some writing restriction(the good old UAC we all love  Laugh )
Try moving pcsx2 to a non windows partition or\and run it as admin

You can also try(while pcsx2 is not running)to edit the inis\gsdx.ini and set the Renderer= to 3 and save
The permission bug hmm? Yeah don't install games/emulators (Programs don't have much issues with I notice) in Program Files/Program Files x86.
(10-01-2018, 03:49 PM)vsub Wrote: That means you have some writing restriction(the good old UAC we all love  Laugh )
Try moving pcsx2 to a non windows partition or\and run it as admin

You can also try(while pcsx2 is not running)to edit the inis\gsdx.ini and set the Renderer= to 3 and save

It didn't work out Sad  I thought you were on point because, recently, I cloned my older HDD to the current one and reinstalled windows, which kept older files like the PCSX2 build from may, in which I can save the settings.

Anyway, I tried moving the recent build to a different partition, running it as admin, moving the folders, bios, etc to another path and updating the path in the emulator... but it's not working.

Where is that gsdx.ini? It doesn't appear on the inis folder where the PCSX2.exe is located
If it's not in Ini, you might have to reinstall/redownload PCSX2, cause it's in that folder on my installation/PCSX2 folder.
(10-01-2018, 05:15 PM)StriFe Wrote: The permission bug hmm? Yeah don't install games/emulators (Programs don't have much issues with I notice) in Program Files/Program Files x86.
I extracted it as a zip. I didn't try installing any games on C: ever since I cloned my disk. Programs didn't have an issue installing, though. Is that what you mean?

Originally, I extracted this version in a folder where I've been extracting PCSX2 for years, C:\users\myname\desktop\PS2. Now, I tried extracting it in a different disk partition, run it as admin, etc but it's still not saving the settings.

Apologies about the double post!