Solved: Can't use OpenGL on recent builds
well I just installed my GTX 970 and changed the renderer to openGL hardware and it isnt showing my viideo card. I dont have any wierd characters in my path.

and i just downloaded the latest daily build

I downloaded the 2429 build like it was said above and it sees my video card now. So it must be the builds. It needs to be fixed

Sponsored links

(09-30-2018, 06:41 PM)pandubz Wrote: If I am interpreting this correctly, the problem is that the adapter selection is gone. This is actually by design and not broken. With OpenGL, adapter selection is done automatically in the background, so there is no point in having an adapter selection to confuse users.
so why is it available in the older versions and not now?
(10-05-2018, 02:03 AM)Bamafan35611 Wrote: so why is it available in the older versions and not now?

Because nobody bothered to update the code to how it should be ?
so the newer version automatically selects the grafix card and it is shaded out and that is normal now?
(10-05-2018, 02:26 AM)Bamafan35611 Wrote: so the newer version automatically selects the grafix card and it is shaded out and that is normal now?

Correct.
Doesn't make one bit of sense, only cause you guys can code it, doesn't mean this is how it should be sighs. Change is not good, unless it makes sense.
(10-05-2018, 10:30 AM)StriFe Wrote: Doesn't make one bit of sense, only cause you guys can code it, doesn't mean this is how it should be sighs. Change is not good, unless it makes sense.

All the forum discussions and documents I have read seem to all confirm that OpenGL picks the adapter automatically based on its context. So it's basically been doing this and ignoring whatever adapter you select all along.
So, to clarify. Those adapters were only for D3D11/D3D9. There isn't actually a way to select the adapter using OpenGL APIs, which is why the adapter box is grayed out. There was some stuff done quite a while back that would automatically choose the more powerful GPU on Optimus/PowerExpress systems (if that stuff is still working). Otherwise it'll probably just choose the default adapter unless it's overridden some other way with a control panel or whatever.

As for the path character issue - it probably only affects GSdx and dev9ghzdrk on Windows. Basically, PCSX2 used to bail out and send an empty string to the plugins if the path had special characters. Now PCSX2 will send a path even if there are special characters. GSdx and dev9ghzdrk aren't quite ready to deal with that yet and unfortunately I didn't notice the issue (EDIT: Well, I did, but I didn't realise that the changes I made broke some cases that did work). It used to work because sending an empty string meant that the plugins would fallback to using a default folder location and use relative pathnames. There shouldn't be a problem with the other plugins. I might revert the change to the ini path until GSdx and dev9ghzdrk are changed to work properly with Unicode paths.
What happens if you select OGL or do any change to gsdx,hit ok and go to the gsdx settings again?
Are the changes still there? Laugh