[Solved] Star Ocean 3: Till the end of time (NTSC)
#Rig - Q6600, 4gb ddr3, nvidia 9800.

#OS: windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

# PCSX2 version: Official Beta r1888 and Official v0.9.6 release

# CPU options: EErec on, VUrec0 and VUrec1 on, MTGS on

# Plugins used: GSdx 1873 0.1.15 (hardware dx10), SSSPSX PAD plugin 1.7.0, Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0

# Description: Tried to search the forums for a similar issue but got no result.

I'm using the Tri-Ace game fix. The game starts ok and runs smoothly until I get into the Pesoto Forest. There, any encounter with an enemy makes pcsx2 crash.

The console yields the following message:

(EE) Tlb Miss, addr=0x40f651a0 [load]
(EE) PC: 0x004bfe78 Cycle: 0x52e5d4d4

I found a thread in the forum with a similar issue, and was solved by enabling the Tri-Ace game fix. However, since i'm already using it, i don't know what else to do.

I also tried disabling any Speed or CPU Hack, but i still get the same issue.

Any ideas?

Sponsored links

Odd, I didn't have any error like that. What do you have for settings under the advanced tab?

Also have you tried with microVU0 and 1 enabled under CPU in revision 1888?
[Image: 2748844.png]
(12-02-2009, 06:51 PM)Koji Wrote: Odd, I didn't have any error like that. What do you have for settings under the advanced tab?

Also have you tried with microVU0 and 1 enabled under CPU in revision 1888?

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I left the Advanced tab untouched, so my settings should be the default ones:

[EE Recs Options]

Round Mode: Chop/Zero
Clamp Mode: Normal
Flush to Zero and Denormals to Zero flags: set.

[VU Recs Options]

Round Mode: Chop/Zero
Clamp Mode: Normal
Flush to Zero and Denormals to Zero flags: set.

I also tried enabling and disabling the microVU0 and 1 flags under the CPU section, and still get the same issue.

Any further insight?
If you use savestates, don't. Try different plugins for GS and SPU2.
Can't really recommend more, never had any issues like that with vp2.

Edit:
Whops, mistook this thread as one about valkyrie profile 2 Tongue2
Doesn't matter much though, same suggestions apply.
(12-02-2009, 10:09 PM)rama Wrote: If you use savestates, don't. Try different plugins for GS and SPU2.
Can't really recommend more, never had any issues like that with vp2.

Edit:
Whops, mistook this thread as one about valkyrie profile 2 Tongue2
Doesn't matter much though, same suggestions apply.

Hello,

I actually used only savestates until now, I'll try starting over again using only memcard saves then.

I get the same error with pcsx2 0.9.6 and Gdsx 0.1.14 so i don't think it may be related to GSdx plugin version. I also tried the ZeroGS 0.97.1 plugin but it just shows a black screen.

I shall also try using a different plugin for SPU2, i'll let you know as soon as i can if i could get past this issue or not.
Hello,

just a quick update to let you all know that i managed to get over this issue by using only memcard saves (and not savestates like I used to do).

I find this a little odd, tough, i've used savestates with several other games and never had a single problem.

Thank you all for your support.
The problem with savestates is, if there is an emulation glitch at one point your save is now "tainted". That is, any time you load a savestate with a glitch, that glitch will always be there making all sorts of errors and complications.

The key is to use a combination of both. Savestates for their conveniance, but remembering every now and then to do a memory card save in case there is any problem from using them.
[Image: 2748844.png]