[Solved] - Window Resolution won't stick above 1032 high
Maybe this should go in General Support, as it seems to be the PCSX2 setting messing up, rather than GSdx's setting. If so, could a mod move it? Cheers.

Okay, so this is a curly one. Just recently, I've been unable to get the custom window size (is running at full screen, it's just the setting in Config>Emulation>Window) to stay above 1032 high. Windows resolution is 1920x1080 and other Windows games run happily at 1080p.

Basically, I'm trying to set 1440x1080, but it doesn't apply to the window. When I close/re-open the application, it reverts to '1440 x 1032.' There are no irregularities in the log and it manages to revert even if I set to 1440x1080 in the UI ini file and lock it as read-only.

Here's a few details, if you need more, just say so:
- Windows 7 Pro x64
- Phenom II X4 965 - SSE2
- AMD 6950 1GB - Catalyst 11.09
- PCSX2 0.9.8, GSdx SSE2 4600 (had the same issue with PCSX2 0.9.7 and its respective GSdx)
[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_Window.png]

Unless it's a GPU driver (stock settings, btw) issue, I'm out of ideas. I have a fresh copy (binary. Makes it easier from drive-to-drive) of PCSX2 with only my Lilypad config copied over.

Any ideas?

Thanks. Laugh

Sponsored links

It's probably because of the title bar and borders and maybe the windows task bar, that window size actually refers to the display output or game area actually and when you set it to something that wouldn't fit in your screen it's resized too (in this case it just resizes to the highest it can). If you run other apps like that too then you wouldn't get 1080p either unless you count the title bar or start menu unless you're on fullscreen mode, and if you run PCSX2 in fullscreen mode then the value you want to change is the internal resolution in GSdx.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
we've had one of these before, and Shadow Lady explained it the same way i did.

the application automatically shrinks back to the visible window if its borders and titlebar go offscreen at start.
(10-09-2011, 05:38 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: and if you run PCSX2 in fullscreen mode then the value you want to change is the internal resolution in GSdx.
Yeah, that seems to be the case, thanks.

It's just that it doesn't look as though it's running at 1440x1080 in fullscreen, as the horizontal edges appear slightly blurred (as they would with a stretched picture), whereas vertical edges are fine. Leading me to believe the image is being scaled on the y-axis. That said, maybe that's just the way the image looks and it's one of those "can't miss it once you've seen it" things.

I wonder if I can force some AA from within Catalyst to unify the smoothing on each axis? Internal AA causes texture artifacts, so that's out of the question.

I appreciate the quick replies. Cheers. Laugh
Quote:I wonder if I can force some AA from within Catalyst to unify the smoothing on each axis? Internal AA causes texture artifacts, so that's out of the question.

no.
(10-09-2011, 07:02 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: no.

So internal AA (inside GSdx) is the only way outside Morphological AA to kill me some jaggies? Laugh
you could press page up and get FXAA but afaics that just blurs everything at a worsening degree the closer you are to native.
(10-09-2011, 08:42 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: you could press page up and get FXAA but afaics that just blurs everything at a worsening degree the closer you are to native.

Yeah, morphological sounds like a better idea than FXAA, then. Downside is that it smooths everything including text, but most of the fonts are big enough that it shouldn't matter.

Thanks.
FXAA is better than MLAA where contrast is concerned.
(10-09-2011, 08:58 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: FXAA is better than MLAA where contrast is concerned.

Yes, but AFAIK, AMD has sharpened it up as of either the 11.08 or 11.09 drivers. So it looks quite good. That said, I can't get a screenshot, which I'm assuming (working with limited knowledge here) is because it's post-processing.

Anyway, all sorted, thanks.