(Solved) Yi-Gi-Oh DoR Font placement off
Hi there,

Great work here guys.. so I just downloaded the emulator, ripped my BIOS (US 2.0), and finally managed to rip an old disc I wanted to try (it was really badly scratched).

The game works fine, except for one really really annoying problem: all the numbers (for deck cost, card cost, attack) look like they got rendered a pixel or two off-kilter, which makes things *really* hard to read.

I've tried with a pirate copy of the disc (just in case my rip was affected by all the scratches), same diff. Tried some different BIOS, same thing.

When I started played a little with custom internal resolution (I had it set to "native" at first), that had a massive effect -- even changing from 640x448 to 640x449 moved everything around. But I found that, if I was able to make things look OK on the left side of the screen, they were still off on the right side, and vice versa. "Something" doesn't seem to be calculating font placement correctly.

Any hints? Tips? I've read all the FAQs and can't find anything that looks like it would be useful except for "use Native resolution" and "don't enable 8 bit textures", neither of which solve the problem.

Thanks very much!

Sponsored links

Tried pressing F9 ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Hi, thanks -- yes, I did. When I press F9 the glyphs do change position a little bit (maybe to the right position, I think?), but that introduces additional artifacts as well.

On further investigation, this does affect some letters too -- it seems to be issues with a specific font.

Here's an example of the problem (ignore the weird shading, I saved the pic as a 256 color bitmap to save on bandwidth):

[Image: yugioh-font-problem.bmp]
Sorry, this is the best you can get on visual compatibility.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Ok, good to know.

I managed to get things a little better, almost as good as real PS2, by checking "Texture Filtering" (filter=1 in gsdx.ini)

Now it looks like this:

[Image: yugioh-font-problem2.bmp]

Good enough for me.