Some Final Fantasy 12 Solutions to a probably known issue
THIS THREAD IS HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION. BUT COULD ALSO PROVIDE INFO FOR THE DEVELOPERS WHO MIGHT HAVE TIME TO LOOK INTO THIS ISSUE.

Since I started playing, it took me a couple of days to finally sort out FF12 so it looked, and worked in an acceptable manner.

So.. I started with the Beta 1888 build. Speed was good, but there was some graphical problems (missing geometry) in the Rabanastre town. I have tried all of the settings, nothing fixed them. Only in software mode did the geometry was correct.

... so I installed the last STABLE build 0.9.6. The geometry was fine in all settings. So I was able to run the emulator. But it was not as fast... So I thought,there must be something with the emulator that was broken... And I decided to investigate. My idea was that there is something wrong with the GSdx plugin, so I thought of doing a hybrid "build"..

I took the gsdx plugin from the 0.9.6 and placed it in the 1888 build. Selected and tested it. And guess what? The geometry is fine + all the added speed benefits of the beta build.

So if anyone is playing FF12, and still hasn't figured it out, I thought I will let you know Wink

Say thanks if this helped.
i7 @ 3.2Ghz /w Noctua
6GB Dominator 1600Mhz
5770 Vapor-X
1.5 TB Raid 5 /w 3ware 9650SE

Sponsored links

Uhm what missing geometry do you mean? could you provide a screnshot maybe? enabling/disabling log-z or using the D3D10 renderer should do fine if it's what I think but I'm not sure.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Here you can see the differences in the game. And this is not only the building, but also the stairs througout the town, some areas of floor and other things. I can not test the DX10 mode since the availability of the latest ATI cards is so low that I can't get my hands on them yet Smile

Pic one    
Pic two    
i7 @ 3.2Ghz /w Noctua
6GB Dominator 1600Mhz
5770 Vapor-X

What settings are you using? The new version has a lot of new options and I can only imagine that something is set incorrectly as no one else I know of is having that issue (myself included)
[Image: 2748844.png]
Couldnt reproduce it here either, weird. As Koji said please show us your settings and what GSdx version you are using so we can maybe track it down.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Game - SLUS 209.63:1 (FF - XII)
BIOS USA v02.00
No Problem: GSdx 890 SSE41 (D3d9, PS 3.0 Int None, Asp 4:3, DSD Int Res 1024x1024, NLOOP Tick, Text Filt, Log Z, Alpha Corr
Problems: GSdx 1873 SSE41 (D3D9, Int None, Asp 4:3, Int Res 1024x1024, Text Filt, Windowed)

Problems occur no matter what mode or setting is selected in the 1873 release, only SW mode is correct.

Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit /w latest DX files
i7 @ 3.2Ghz /w Noctua
6GB Dominator 1600Mhz
5770 Vapor-X

well as far as i see its your dx9 problem. i never had any problems with ff 12 and i am almost halfway through. maybe you should wait for the new vidcard and then test it out again.
No i agree, i get the same geometry problems with that plugin but when i use the gdsx 890 it works like a charm which i am surprised because its the latest plugin.
It's a DX9 only bug and it got introduced after the 0.1.14 release of GSdx. So if you can't use DX10 you have to use the 0.1.14 release.
If you can use DX10, you probably never encountered this bug
[Image: newsig.jpg]