Some Keys Not Working...
Hi guys, please move me to the correct discussion if I'm in the wrong place. I'm having trouble with Drakken The Ancient 
Gates. It runs, but when I try to set up the keyboard most if not all commands bind to selected keys, but I can't get the character to walk or run, she can access menu items arm, disarm,  jump just about everything but she won't walk or run, no matter what keys or configuration I use. Any reason specific to this? Thanks

Sponsored links

Did you map the left analog and the d-pad
I think so

I chose up, down, left R2, down and entered the corresponding key I wanted, and it said succeeded! Did I not do it right?
"You think so" or are they set
Some games use the left analog to move the character,other the dpad
Right the directional pad. In fact made sure every possible button was mapped. Tried different configurations, and though the buttons did other things, none of them get her walking or running...
That's weird,can you show me a screenshot of Pad1
I have yet to see a game that will not react to the controls I set.
I reprogrammed everything and alas, she's hopping along. Already killed a couple of guys and am at the palace. Everyone sounds like they are drunk and it moves like in slow motion. Are there any settings you can recommend so it plays faster? Or, do I need to burn an iso with the disc? Thanx
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
S'all good, I tried another install with the ps2bios 2004 Europe and tried to get an ISO I ripped w wincdemu, but after getting some weird ps2 options in German like formatting the memory card no matter what, the game itself wouldn't load, just a purple screen. I went back to the 2002 bios and after fiddling w some audio settings latency etc as well as some video and emulation settings, it is very playable, about 85 to 90 percent the performance I would get on the ps2 back in that year considering I'm using the disc, its in fact saving perfectly. Thanks though, any idea how to get the ISO to load and play properly for a faster experience? It should play directly from my hdd, right? Thanks guys, and stay safe playing those games...
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go