Some general questions about PCSX2 and Soul Calibur 3
(04-03-2011, 04:59 PM)sinthesis. Wrote: Is there a bind for resume or can I make one ('cos only having to press 1 key two times would be just as good as an actual fix)?

Nothing like this unfortunately, it would be a very nice feature in the future especially if they were customizable.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb

Sponsored links

(04-03-2011, 05:17 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: Nothing like this unfortunately, it would be a very nice feature in the future especially if they were customizable.

Yeah it would be really cool if you could configurize it the way you can configurize your gamepad Tongue. Maybe it's on their list Smile.

Is there a patch to skip video by pressing a button for SC3? Found a .pnach here and put it in the patches folder (which I had to create) and enabled patches. With no impact at all. And I have no idea what else to do with it Smile. A good alternative would be the ability to freely speed up and slow the game by pressing a button. Is there a plugin like that?
Tab key = toggle Turbo speed limiter (default 200% if your PC can reach that speeds), shift+Tab = toggle SlowMotion (default 50%, may not work in the latest beta).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(04-03-2011, 07:39 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Tab key = toggle Turbo speed limiter (default 200% if your PC can reach that speeds), shift+Tab = toggle SlowMotion (default 50%, may not work in the latest beta).

Hm that seems to work for the menus. Both slowing down and speeding up. But as soon as I go ingame, it only influences the fps, not the actual speed. So I get half fps but same speed with shift+f4 (not tab, maybe that was the previous key), and when pressing ingame f4 only, nothing seems to happen (actually my machine should handle it, but ofcourse performance and emulators is a story itself..).

edit:
I just realized something. My game is rather dark and colorless. Like this:
http://s1.directupload.net/images/110403/ki3zjv55.jpg

When I press F3 to load the previous savestate, it looks like this, as it should be:
http://s1.directupload.net/images/110403/cqt49uil.jpg

And as soon as I start to move, those silhouettes I mentioned before appear:
http://s1.directupload.net/images/110403/9iblt2o4.jpg

So I guess this bug is not just bound to the unstable savestates. There is a general conflict with the brightness I guess... Any clues?

-edit-
This Problem only exists ingame, not in the menus. To be more precise, in the beginning where the level is presented it's good. When my character is presented it's still good - and when the enemy is shown it's dark all of a sudden... and then the match begins.
Skipdraw=1 for that but it'll remove shadows completelly from the "dark" stages.

Edit: Ehr... actually SkipDraw=2
(04-03-2011, 10:24 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Skipdraw=1 for that but it'll remove shadows completelly from the "dark" stages.

Edit: Ehr... actually SkipDraw=2
Oh, cool - thank you Tongue. Works fine (it also got rid of the savestates issue I had - so double thx Wink). I don't really see a difference between 0 and 2 besides the brightness, maybe it's just not possible for me to view shadows from some reason..

Any tips for successfully fast-forwarding the game?
Get a beast machine (like core i5/7 @ 4,2Ghz or more ) Tongue Its a very demanding game and trying to run it at above full speed would need a ridiculously fast processor I'm afraid..
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Actually, no need to go that extreme to get this game running at 60 fps. As a matter of fact, I'm already getting 48-52 fps with my Q9550 at 3.77GHz so 60+ fps is possible with with 3.8 - 3.9GHz on my end. This is of course without speedhacks, since I don't like using them anyways.
If you read again, he was asking about fast-forward speeds, that would be at least 10% over full speed to be considered fast-forward. In your Q9550 that would be about 4.3Ghz.

Now that I don't understand why would anyone want to play fighting games at other than 100% speed but oh well Tongue2
LOL. Okay, you got me there. I clock the CPU up to 3.97GHz and I saw the same fps lol... I don't see why this game required anything more than 3.7GHz. Although, I have to say it's a quality game that's for sure.