Some general questions about PCSX2 and Soul Calibur 3
PCSX2's speed can almost exactly be tied to your clockrate in games. That is, if you have a 10% overclock, you'll likely see a 10% speed increase.

So let's say you averaged 50fps at 3.77ghz that means you would need about a 20% overclock just to reach 60fps (50 * .2 = 10. 10 + 50 = 60fps). That means given your current processor to get full speed you'd need about a clockrate of 4.524ghz tuanming. Luckily newer CPU's are more efficient and thus don't have to reach that high of speeds to give that performance.
[Image: 2748844.png]

Sponsored links

Sorry, I haven't been at home so I couldn't reply.

Well, in fact I own an i5 Quad Core. But "only" at 2.8Ghz. That is not enough? Damn and I thought I could do almost everything with this jewel of a CPU.

And ofc I don't wanna play the game fast-forwarded. I just got annoyed after having watched the same video sequences 15 times Tongue.

I am not familiar with overclocking and I don't wanna break anything so I better don't do it.

So I guess I'm fine the way it is Smile. It's already quite luxorious to be able to play PS2 on the PC Tongue Tongue.

Thanks for the nice support here! Smile

greets,
sinthesis.
Like PC games, every PS2 game has its own hardware requisites, 2.8GHz even in a i5 or i7 might not be enough, besides these CPUs has a nasty behavior paired with Windows power management that translates by the clock being reduced bellow the nominal and don't getting up because the average of the two cores involved in the process is low (as when EE is toppling while GS is near 0, as example... the system see the average load around 50% and it's OK, there is no need to increase the CPU clock, let alone turbo).

If not yet, change the Power saving plan to a high performance one in the Windows control panel.

PS: Notice while EE is screaming near 100%, an external CPU load monitor show the cores happily seating at low values, it just can't "see" it is being requested for more performance, when the dreaded turbo bug of slugness triggers.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Heyho,

say - is there any way to enable Vsync? Usually it doesn't distract me, but when it comes to fighting unnaturally big enemies (Soul Arena - Hard - Defeat Night Terror) I just can't really see well xD. It's on "Always on" in my driver settings.

@Ken Keleh
Well I can live without the speedups, since I finished Tales of the Sword with every Character and thus don't have any annoying Video sequences anymore.

Also I must admit I am a noob when it comes to hardware. But it can't be that I have to use a speedhack in order to get rid of nasty random slow-motions, since the i5 SHOULD be enough. I didn't find the option you mentioned, only Option I found was "Dauerbetrieb (german for "continuous operation"). It didn't really do anything I guess, except disabling Standby and screensaver Smile. Also I don't know what EE (EmotionEngine?) actually is. Maybe you could explain a little bit Tongue.

Thanks and see ya!
pleeeeease? ^^