Some issues on Linux Mint
Hi there,

I'm using Linux Mint 19.0 64-bit in a VM (VMware Workstation 15 Player) for some testing purposes, and I also want to test PCSX2 there. Host System is a Windows 7 machine.

So I added the daily PPA (See https://launchpad.net/%7Epcsx2-team/+arc...csx2-daily) to my system and installed "pcsx2-unstable".
After starting up I got some crippled dialogs(GSdx-settings.PNG) with some legacy theme. I'm able to enlarge it manually (GSdx-settings_2.PNG), but if I switch between SW/HW Renderer, nothing below is greyed out. I thought I could fix that by installing some 32-bit GTK stuff, which was pointed in the terminal when I launched the program:

Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gail"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "atk-bridge"
Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "adwaita"
Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap"
Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "murrine"

So I searched on the internet, and installed these:

"sudo apt install gtk2-engines-pixbuf:i386 gtk2-engines-murrine:i386 gnome-themes-extra:i386 libatk-adaptor:i386 libgail-common:i386"

After that (and restarting pcsx2), the theme looked better, but the GSdx menu is still crippled (GSdx-settings_3.PNG), and grey out is not working for the renderer, but in other menus it seems to work.

And finally, I can not start any Game, because GSdx fails to start (In HW and SW mode, with different errors, see attached logs).
I understand the performance might be weird on a VM or there will be other troubles, but it should (at least) start a game somehow, are these known issues or is that specific for virtualization?

Thanks for your answers.

XXXBold

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.txt   pcsx2_log_HWmode.txt (Size: 2,4 KB / Downloads: 267)
.txt   pcsx2_log_SWmode.txt (Size: 2,44 KB / Downloads: 179)
Tired of always changing your PCSX2 Configuration for different games?

Check this out: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-MultiConfigTool

Sponsored links

I think that the issue might be with using VMWare. In my experience, virtual machines don't do hardware accelerated graphics very well. You could try booting from a live USB drive and see if it works better in there but that has some disadvantages as well. If you have a dedicated graphics card, you may not be able to install the proper driver from the live USB because Kernel Mode Setting would require a restart and restarting would lose your session. The only way to get it working might be to make a small partition to install Linux Mint to and dual boot...
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
(01-07-2019, 05:52 PM)AeroAceX01 Wrote: I think that the issue might be with using VMWare. In my experience, virtual machines don't do hardware accelerated graphics very well. You could try booting from a live USB drive and see if it works better in there but that has some disadvantages as well. If you have a dedicated graphics card, you may not be able to install the proper driver from the live USB because Kernel Mode Setting would require a restart and restarting would lose your session. The only way to get it working might be to make a small partition to install Linux Mint to and dual boot...

Well I tried with a live System of Mint 19, there the dialog looks proper in it's proportion, and I'm able to start a Game in HW mode (not tested well, just starting works at least), but there's still the bug with not greying out other options when switching HW/SW Renderer. Guess I'll open an issue on github, if there isn't already one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Tired of always changing your PCSX2 Configuration for different games?

Check this out: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-MultiConfigTool