Some issues with GSDX and SSE4
First of all, system specs..

Processor : Intel Core Quad CPU Q6600 2.40GHz

Graphics Card : GeForce 8800 GT and Direct X 10.

Windows 7 RC 1 build 7100

Now to the issue - When I select SSE 4.01 and try to run an ISO, I get an GSdx error box saying "This CPU does not support SSE 4.01" and then "GSinit error: -1"

Next problem, it does work on GSDX 1426 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.15.
When I configure the plugin, I have renderer set to "Direct3D 10 (Hardware) no interlacing, 16:9 aspect ration, native resolution box checked, and all the boxes at the bottom unchecked. When I try to play a game, Kingdom hearts for example, I get an issue where alot of the textures are missing. IE: Black. Here is a screenshot
[Image: blackkh.th.jpg]

When I switch it to a dx9 plugin or another SSE, I get the same problem. Black textures like the screenshot. If I use the ZeroGZ KOSMOS 0.96.0 plugin, it works.. However the game is really choppy and nearly unplayable.

Im not exactly sure what the problem is and I'd be more then happy to provide more information if asked, if anyone has an idea of the issue and how I can correct it, I'd appreciate it. Thanks Smile

EDIT: Seems the black texturing goes away after I've changed maps, but now I notice the 'words' aren't appearing as they should. No 'subtitles' or NPC text is apearing.
DOUBLE EDIT: Upon furthur testing, none of the GSD pluggins show character speech or subtitles, but ZeroGS KOSMOS does.

Sponsored links

first issue: that is because your chip doesnt support SSE4
second issue: make sure you have logarithmic Z ticked, that should always be on unless you have problems.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Q6600 only supports SSSE3, E7000~E8000 and Q8000~Q9000 support SSE4.1, and i7 support SSE4.2.
FYI.
It's strange that he gets the black/missing textures with DX10, though, as you don't need to worry about the logarithmic Z issue. Hrm...all your graphics drivers and stuff up to date?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Yeah all my drivers are updated, all the plugins are updated. In D3D10 (Hardware) I can only play in windowed mode, and the Log Z check box is checked automatically. The black textures only last until I switch maps, and the only issue I see now is there is no text box when I speak to an NPC. IE: Cid in traverse town. I takl to him, but no window with his words apears, and no list of choices
can you try the gsdx which comes with pcsx2 0.9.6 and see if that does it, probably a bug gabest made ;p

Where can I get my hands on it?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it,replaced latest with ones in the installer and same deal. Except Log Z cant be checked in D3D 10 mode, still no speech bubbles, nether are there in D3D 9
Are you suing speedhacks or microVU or changed the advanged settings in PCSX2 by any chance? Try turning off MTGS maybe and see if it goes away.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-24-2009, 11:21 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Are you suing speedhacks or microVU or changed the advanged settings in PCSX2 by any chance? Try turning off MTGS maybe and see if it goes away.

I dont think so... But to make sure, where can I find those settings?
Config->cpu and Config->Speedhacks