Some question about GSdx and some games
@ dotHack, forgot to ask what what version of W7 do you suggest for pcsx2 - 32 or 64 bit? I have 2Gb of ram so I downloaded 32bit version, but on the other hand I think what 64bit version probably could be faster. How does 64bit OS works with PCSX2?

Sponsored links

I've found that it does not matter if you are using a 32 bit or 64 bit OS. Besides, there's nothing in the coding for PCSX2 that uses anything 64-bit as the devs wanted to keep compatibility high. That and they're lazy Tongue (lol j/k)
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
I've downloaded and installed W7 RC x86, installed the latest drivers & dx. Xenosaga indeed runs much better with DX10, but it's kinda comparable by speed with software mode under XP.
While the combats runs smoothly and the game is playable, the cutsceenes are still a bit away from enjoyable. Out of combat I usually get 40-50 FPS, but on the cutsceenes it drops sometimes to ~30. I've tried various speed hacks, but as in software mode either they have no impact or only slow down the game.
Do I miss something or there is nothing more could be done?

PS: I was pretty disappointed with W7 ui usability, it still much more like vista. KDE4 is way more comfortable Smile