Some questions...
Hi, i've read the forum rules and all, but i'd really like some answer there. I've been following the devellopement of this emulator for 3 years now, and im wondering why do u focus so much on implementing secondary feature of the ps2, like usb and networking support, HD ect... but it seem that very little effort is put to actually makes the emulator core engine work correctly with all games. I mean, if u look at the ps1 emulator, they might be some missing feature, but every game work well without tweaking a single thing. Why this seem to be impossible to do with the ps2? 6-7 years ago, i would understand, the lack of hardware was oblivious, but now... Also the logo design contest was maybe a good idea, but can't u give us more new about the devellopement because that's the only new we had in 6 month... i mean, who care that much about a logo...

So, just to be clear, why not focus on making it work right instead of addings "optional" features? I mean, im waiting for this to play a game for 3 years now , ace combat 4, and i think ill never be able to because this project is stalled.

Sponsored links

What forums have YOU been reading?
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
HD = better graphics is always good
usb = controllers and such?

and for extra emulating speed check the latest beta since it has more speed upgrading features
besides just because your Ace combat 4 does not work does not meen other games are not compatible since then
[Image: 1454055.png]
man... some people can't read. simply because you can't play a game you raise a ruckus? give me a break... and why don't you play it on your ps2? you wouldn't have to wait so much 6-6
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
Buy a real PS2, it's cheap...no compatibility issues too...
Quote:Also the logo design contest was maybe a good idea, but can't u give us more new about the devellopement because that's the only new we had in 6 month... i mean, who care that much about a logo...

before saying this, make a little search on the forum. You'll eventually find this
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Only news in 6 months? You really should read the developers blog or these forums... There are tons of updates and new SVN builds (usually 2-3 a DAY)

The difference between the PS1... and the PS2, is the PS2 is infinitely more complex and requires much more work to emulate.

Want an emulator with very few things you need to tweak? Then you'd have a PS2 emulator that runs 50-90% slower in most cases. Most of the tweaks are to get around doing true 1:1 software emulation which would be ungodly slow. Just like if epsxe had been the very first PS1 emulator when the average PC was a 400mhz machine with a voodoo2 tops. The emulator will improve with time as it's already shown it has... If you truly had been paying attention to here for 3 years, you'd know that. In fact, go pull up a pcsx2 build from then (if you can somehow manage to find one) and try running half the games that play now...

If that still doesn't please your highness, might I suggest getting off your high horse and program your own PS2 emulator... making note not to copy any of pcsx2's code...
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-01-2009, 11:44 PM)Vortez Wrote: So, just to be clear, why not focus on making it work right instead of addings "optional" features? I mean, im waiting for this to play a game for 3 years now , ace combat 4, and i think ill never be able to because this project is stalled.

It's the damnedest thing. Different developers can work on different parts at the same time, who knew?

And I agree with KrazyTrumpeter05, what site have you been visiting for the 3 years you've claimed to be watching this project? Just because the game you're interested in doesn't work, you call the project "stalled"?

Quote:I mean, if u look at the ps1 emulator, they might be some missing feature, but every game work well without tweaking a single thing. Why this seem to be impossible to do with the ps2?
Yeah, why is that? It's not like PS1 emulators have had a few years head start or anything, nothing to do with the PS1 being simpler.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Has anyone ever looked at the real compat lists for PS1 emulators? Sure they manage to emulate most of the popular titles pretty decently, but the actual % of working games for PCSX and pSX is still around 50%-60% or so, which isn't much different from PCSX2's current compatibility rate. I guess as long as the big names are covered no one notices. Wink

(ePSXe's compat rate might be higher, I haven't seen a decent list for it)
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(09-01-2009, 11:44 PM)Vortez Wrote: I've been following the devellopement of this emulator for 3 years now, and im wondering why do u focus so much on implementing secondary feature of the ps2, like usb and networking support, HD ect...
I dont think you've followed the right project, the first 2 havent been touched in years maybe... and HD if you mean High Definition it's not really a big thing Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64