Some questions about the online feature
Hello there.
You see, in recent years, I stumbled across a few ways to play old console games with a friend who lives in another state and was looking for a way to play ps2 games with her now and found out about this online feature of the PCSX2
Since we both still own a ps2, I wanted to know some things about this feature before downloading, to see if it's worth the trouble.

1. This is only an emulation of the ps2's ethernet feature or can I play local games (like DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi) over the internet, just like Kega Fusion or VBA Link?

2. Can I play LAN games, like Star Wars Battlefront, with another emulator on the LAN? If so, can I use the plugin to connect to another emulator via VLAN and play LAN games over the internet?

3. Can I connect to a real ps2 console to play LAN games?

And I also have a fourth question, but it's not about the emulator, actually. Someone knows if it's possible to connect a ps2 (or psp) console to a VLAN? If it's not ok to ask it here, then just ignore this fourth question.

Sponsored links

ask all the doubts related to pcsx2 net play here.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Oh. Thanks! I didn't think it would be answered so fast.
And sorry, I am kind in a hurry and didn't saw that one. It answers my questions, except for the last one, but that is ok, as it is unrelated to the emulator.

A mod can close or delete this thread, if they want to.
I'm guessing it would be possible to do lan with a real console, but i'm not sure
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-02-2015, 05:20 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: I'm guessing it would be possible to do lan with a real console, but i'm not sure

I've done it as a test (Using Crash Tag Team racing) and it worked ok.

I couldn't get JakX to work with lan to a PS2, I'll check to see if I can get it working PCSX2-PCSX2 later.

Games that connect to a server (assuming there is one up for it) seem to work ok when mixing emu and PS2 players.