Somebody has been deleting my posts
I am certain I replied to some threads and the posts have vanished.

May I know why they have been deleted?

I really hope it isn't because someone's salty. Rolleyes

Sponsored links

You're right, your posts were deleted because you were just hijacking other peoples posts to try and get somebody to solve your problem.

If you have a query/problem, please make your own thread about it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

LOL. I don't have a problem. I was helping them solve their problem with the controllers. DS4Windows is not required to get a DS4 work with PCSX2.
I posted solutions.

A person may have given a false report because I gave them a bad rep. Rolleyes

@jesalvein:
I knew it was you. The video is confirmed and tested in PCSX2 1.6.0 Win10 and have finished games requiring analog stick WITHOUT ever needing DS4Windows (including DMC3SE, RE4, GoW1/2).

You may not have been aware of the native support Win10 offers now as of 2020/2021 for DS4.

Watch the tutorial video and see all the comments from those who followed it and see that it works. It is RELIABLE information.

The only issue here really is, you're simply salty 40. LOL. Rolleyes

Context:
I gave him a bad rep and now he's reporting my posts FALSELY (bit got personal there eh?). I hope the moderation team is objective.
Reputation points should not decide who's right or wrong against evidence.
(08-15-2021, 10:31 AM)krollo Wrote: LOL. I don't have a problem. I was helping them solve their problem with the controllers.

DS4Windows is not required to get a DS4 work with PCSX2.
I posted solutions.

A person may have given a false report because I gave them a bad rep. Rolleyes

it was me.
because you're spreading too much false information, and we need to keep the forums clean to make sure people will find reliable information when coming here
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I knew it was you. There is a working video tutorial. I have done it myself.
I have no DS4Windows and my DS4 works just fine without it, tested and confirmed in PCSX2 1.6.0.

Watch the tutorial and see for yourself. As confirmed in the the video by a lot of comments who followed the same. 500+ comments on that video can't all be lying.
Stop being salty mate.

----------
Microsoft has since provided native DS4 support and detects the controller as a wireless DirectInput device by default.

For those who want to check it out:

1. Get latest Windows Updates.

2. PlayStation + Share button > Add like any other bluetooth device (must have bluetooth dongle/adapter)

[Image: win10-btooth.png]

3. DS4 input taken as DirectInput by Win10:

[Image: win10-gamepad-test.gif]

And yep, it will largely be the same for everyone after the OS updates.
That's why at least for PCSX2, you do not explicitly need DS4Windows.
You are right and wrong in the same time.

It actually seems to work fine, but windows 10 tends to not handle ds4 controllers correctly.
That's why steam converts Sony proprietary signals Into Xinput ones.
Else it would be a mess, and tons of steam users would come and tell the Devs that it finest work.
Same with pcsx2. It may work, but you may have issues in the end. Simply because ds4 aren't natively dinput nor Xinput compliant.

If it works for you, then nice.
But it's far from being the same for everyone.

That's why we advise users using steam or ds4windows. (If not using dshidmini, of course Wink )
The new information being shared here is Win10 (with the latest updates) can now support DS4 natively - wired and wireless.
It is, for a fact, recognised now by Win10 as a DirectInput compliant device by default - https://windowsreport.com/ps4-controller-windows-10/

As I said in the previous (deleted) post, PCSX2 1.6.0 does not require DS4Windows, but other game launchers/clients may still do.
New information is not false information. It's just new(ish) and not widely known as DS4Windows was the de facto before Microsoft provided native support. I've had perfect wireless enjoyment since last year.

Provided the user gets the latest updates for Win10, it is more likely going to be the same for everyone. Just hit Windows Updates.
After pairing it with bluetooth, PCSX2 detects it automatically as DX Wireless Controller and user can calibrate as usual:

[Image: pcsx2-dx.png]

(Note: Where it did not succeed was rumble, but I don't care about that feature much.)

This makes it less fiddly and more user-friendly for people who just want to use their DS4 as they no longer need a 3rd-party app to work with the emulator.
Just so more people know.

P.S.
To its merit, the native Micro$oft support is stable. Calling it unstable due to the single lack of rumble support would be objectively unfair.
We know of it. But many people still come with an up to date windows with a few problems.
As I told you above, it's still not stable ( and lacks rumble feature).

We deal with users that still encounter problems when using ds4 as a native controller every day on discord.

M$ made a good step forward, but it's still not good enough
I concur with the lack of rumble feature (but to call it 'unstable' just for that is a stretch). Been playing 100% with the same setup for a year.
Okami, the ultimate test for analog sticks lol also works perfectly.

Xbox Series X|S controller succeeds with the rumble. My PCSX2 setup is DS4 (Player1) and Xbox (Player2) - both wireless via bluetooth.
PCSX2 1.6.0 actually has good compatibility with current/newgen gamepads as-is.

It is likely a tangle of DS4Windows/JoyToKey/etc configs is causing conflicts now with the native support for these people. Removing 3rd-party mapping apps (unless actually needed) is gearing towards the more modern advice.

Narrator: In the face of mounting evidence, the guy who got salty with 1 bad rep just couldn't admit he was wrong. And that his reports, for a fact, were simply malicious revenge. Laugh
(08-15-2021, 02:29 PM)krollo Wrote: I concur with the lack of rumble feature (but to call it 'unstable' just for that is a stretch).
Nope. I said "unstable" because, as I already told you, it doesn't work properly for many users.

Quote:Xbox Series X|S controller succeeds with the rumble.
Of course it does ?
Quote:It is likely a tangle of DS4Windows/JoyToKey/etc configs is causing conflicts now with the native support for these people. Removing 3rd-party mapping apps (unless actually needed) is gearing towards the more modern advice.
Ok. I think it's a bit complicated for you.

The ones that daily ask for support aren't using anything but M$ native support.
And then, We advise them to use steam or ds4windows

Thus may be hard for you to get it, but :
Because it actually works for you doesn't mean it works for the others.