Somebody has been deleting my posts
I never mentioned it's the universal truth. If it works for others then it is also illogical to say it is universally false.

I always emphasised it works confidently for PCSX2 1.6.0 (and also DuckStation last time I checked). Whether it works consistently outside emulators is arbitrary.
I confirmed it works with older PC games in GOG. But modern PC games are best off with Xbox controllers if without 3rd-party apps.

You only need to download the drivers once after pairing with bluetooth for the first time.
After that you can reboot/turn off the PC. Just press the PlayStation button when you need to use it again, no need for the Share button after being paired.

Sponsored links

(08-15-2021, 05:09 PM)krollo Wrote: I never mentioned it's the universal truth. If it works for others then it is also illogical to say it is universally false.
never said it's universally false.
It's just that since it's not universally true, we can't advise it if we want to provide proper support.
Quote:I always emphasised it works confidently for PCSX2 1.6.0
yes, in your case, maybe. Good for you
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
If the provided support wasn't already working, it is reasonable to give other options. Can't insist DS4Windows either if it wasn't working for them.

It's not just for me. Nobody probably tested native support substantially enough because they had already relied on DS4Windows for the longest time.
It should actually be the other way around - native first before 3rd-party apps.
(08-15-2021, 05:23 PM)krollo Wrote: If the provided support wasn't already working, it is reasonable to give other options. Can't insist DS4Windows either if it wasn't working for them.

It's not just for me. Nobody probably tested native support substantially enough because they had already relied on DS4Windows for the longest time.
It should actually be the other way around - native first before 3rd-party apps.

wrong.
many come on discord without knowing anything about ds4windows or steam wrapping abilities.
And they thus complain that it doesn't work.
just like this user : https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Analog-stick-help
this is typically the kind of situation we face everyday on discord
(08-15-2021, 04:45 PM)krollo Wrote: Now seeing the history of this person. He seems fond of backseat-moderating a lot though not being an actual mod. Tongue

Err, my role and history on the forums doesn't reflect my involvement with the project. I appreciate the living in your head for those 5 minutes though  Blush

You're insufferable by the way.
Precisely. His last post said he tried Steam and DS4Windows (assuming he really did) and said it was still BAD. So those solutions didn't work either.

What people could be doing wrong with native DS4, they probably hook it up via wire then try to bluetooth later. You need to pair it as a bluetooth device and let Windows install the drivers in bluetooth mode.

If these people are clueless about DS4Windows/wrapping, all the more reason to give them a native solution where they don't need to tinker with an app they don't understand.

I refuse to believe my DS4 is the only magical DS4 that works with PCSX2 with just native support.
Quote:Err, my role and history on the forums doesn't reflect my involvement with the project.
I wasn't even talking about you, but whatevs.  Laugh

It is surprising that news that should have been good news is so frowned upon.
PCSX2 does not need DS4Windows or Steam wrapper. Everybody wins. LOL
(08-15-2021, 05:48 PM)krollo Wrote: Precisely. His last post said he tried Steam and DS4Windows (assuming he really did) and said it was still BAD. So those solutions didn't work either.
true. but it improved at least the right one. "tried it, there's still a small fail spot on the right side and the left one is still bad."
Quote:What people could be doing wrong with native DS4, they probably hook it up via wire then try to bluetooth later. You need to pair it as a bluetooth device and let Windows install the drivers in bluetooth mode.
they don't do anything wrong. it's just the native install that isn't working for everyone
Quote:If these people are clueless about DS4Windows/wrapping, all the more reason to give them a native solution where they don't need to tinker with an app they don't understand.
because they already tried the native solution.
Quote:I refuse to believe my DS4 is the only magical DS4 that works with PCSX2 with just native support.
do or think what you want, that's none of our concern