Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity - Gravity Dive Gray Screen
Hey guys, I have a slight problem with Zero G.

When I perform the Gravity Dive, my screen becomes gray.

I changed the renderer from Direct3D11 Hardware to Software and the screen became gray when the the screen's color inverted (An effect of the Gravity Dive). Of course, the game ran slow when I was in Software mode.

I then tried another video plug-in: GSdx SSE4 to ZeroGS the gray screen was no longer a problem and the game ran good. However, the board emitted a strange drop shadow...

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Sponsored links

(12-24-2014, 01:37 AM)NIkko62 Wrote: However, the board emitted a strange drop shadow...
can you post a screenshot of the strange drop shadow.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-24-2014, 09:20 AM)ssakash Wrote: can you post a screenshot of the strange drop shadow.

Sure (Sorry for bad quality Tongue):

This is before using GSdx 0 SSE4 (0.1.16)

This is after using ZeroGS (0.97.1)

This also happens in Sonic Riders

At least the Gravity Dive is displayed correctly with ZeroGS
Gray Screen with GSdx

Inverted Colors Biggrin

Settings of GSdx:

Settings of ZeroGS:

There are a lot of settings in ZeroGS, so I'll probably play with these.
Just in-case did you try with dx9 hardware/software mode ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-25-2014, 08:05 AM)ssakash Wrote: Just in-case did you try with dx9 hardware/software mode ?

Yup, I still have the gray screen, except Software mode, but the game ran very slow.
I also tried OpenGL just out of pure curiosity and it produced the same effects.
what is your CPU ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-26-2014, 07:13 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what is your CPU ?

(From: http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/my-...er-details)

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
Manufacturer: Intel
Speed: 2.2 GHz
Number of Cores: 8
CPU ID: BFEBFBFF000206A7
Family: 06
Model:2A
Stepping: 7
Revision: 15

This is my laptop's by the way, my tower is slightly more powerful with 2.66 GHz, if I remember correctly...I could try it on that one.
I see.
your CPU is a bit under the par for pcsx2.
That said, setting 3 extra software rendering threads + setting windows power plan to high performance may helpquite much when switching to software mode.
Maybe you should think about disabling intel speedstep too
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-26-2014, 07:19 AM)jesalvein Wrote: I see.
your CPU is a bit under the par for pcsx2.
That said, setting 3 extra software rendering threads + setting windows power plan to high performance may help quite much when switching to software mode.
Maybe you should think about disabling intel speedstep too

MTVU was already activated on PCSX2 and my laptop is, most of the time (if not always), set to High Performance, especially when it's plugged in to the wall. I also tried EE Cyclerate & VU Cycle Stealing, it made the game slightly faster, but was still slow.

As for Intel Speedstep, I never heard of that function, so I'll check my BIOS settings and Google search it.
(12-26-2014, 07:19 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Maybe you should think about disabling intel speedstep too

Just curious...any reason why?
In sw mode on that game pcsx2 is making the cpu to run at max speed even tho it's not needed(it's increasing the temp too).
At 2.1ghz the game is still running at above 60fps

I also have the game and but I couldn't find a way to fix the problem(choosing different settings)other than using software mode.