Sorry, I don't understand why a few games lagging for me
(05-29-2012, 10:55 PM)jesalvein Wrote: the emu's main goal is accuracy, not speed.

better play on your PS2 until you can afford better hardware Wink

Well, I guess I have an old PS2 in the garage, so can pick it up and try it out.. Still, I wish to have my PC as ultimate gamer PC.

Sponsored links

It really is the Bulldozer's fault.
And it's not fair to expect any programmers to refine their apps to accomodate a failed architecture.

Understand that it "failed" in it's outcome,
not as a unique approach at doing things differently.
It can do well at some of those things it was really driven towards,
but not for most of what we use it for.

Don't miss the PCSX2 Benchmarks.

Case in point:

It took an FX-8120 clocked at 4.6Ghz to exceed 60fps in that scene.
AMD's older Phenom II pass 60fps by about 4.2Ghz,
and Intel's 2nd Generation Core i can achieve that at 3.0Ghz.
Isn't Bulldozer like AMD's flagship processor?

If so, that is just sad...
(05-29-2012, 09:47 PM)jesalvein Wrote: that said, using the latest svn and enabling MTVU hack may help you squeeze out a few more fps...

I listened to you and tried to use the latest svn with speedhacks enabled. It really boosted alot. FPS runs 55-60+ and never below 50, still it feels abit like small hacks or stuttering. I guess it still is playable, so I guess I'll play it until the end.

I used Suikoden V at the beginning with your suggestion. Oh by the way, I played FFX and FFX-2, FFXII with no big issues like as Dragon Quest or Suikoden. By my knowledge I suspect these cellshading or whatever actually requires much from cpu.
Suikoden games are using an engine with lots of path 3 masking use (a PS2 feature).
This is particularly slow to emulate, that's why you're not getting as nice performance as in FFX.
(05-30-2012, 03:45 AM)Alexander Moore Wrote: Isn't Bulldozer like AMD's flagship processor?

If so, that is just sad...

unfortunately it failed
Well, I kinda hate Suikoden V because it forces you to backtrack and speak with a ***** lot of peoples. It still seems good, so I guess I'll play it to end.

As long the emulator didn't trouble me, so speedhacks really worked very well. I think it probably helps for a few games such as Dragon Quest VIII too.
well the main problem here is your cpu, it doesn't matter if your bulldozer have 20 cores (especially when a certain program uses 2-4 cores only) with weak core to core processing buying it is a waste of money, if you really are a gaming enthusiast you would know this thing, even a notebook with an i5 processor with and nvdia graphic can make gameplay smooth at 3xnative with fxaa and make your bulldozer eat dust(just saying )
(05-31-2012, 06:36 PM)devilscorner Wrote: well the main problem here is your cpu, it doesn't matter if your bulldozer have 20 cores (especially when a certain program uses 2-4 cores only) with weak core to core processing buying it is a waste of money, if you really are a gaming enthusiast you would know this thing, even a notebook with an i5 processor with and nvdia graphic can make gameplay smooth at 3xnative with fxaa and make your bulldozer eat dust(just saying )

Thank you. I will consider to buy another processor later or just wait for next AMD generation because my mainboard only supports AM3/AM3+.