Soul Calibur 3 Very Low Brightness
Hi all. I've got Soul Calibur 3 running and fully playable in the 0.9.6 build, however the brightness and contrast appear to be lower then usual. The is quite hard to see and focus on as its darker then usually on a ps2. Can anyone suggest as to why it is so dark? I am currently using ZeroGS 97.1 graphics plugin.

Also on a side note, other games run fine and are at normal brightness and contrast.

Sponsored links

Use GSdx, it's the more complete plugin and has way less bugs.
(10-04-2009, 04:54 AM)rama Wrote: Use GSdx, it's the more complete plugin and has way less bugs.
I tried that but it actually was WAY more buggy. Not to mention I lost about 70 frames. All the menu's suddenly disappeared and there were heaps of bugs with the character faces. I was also only getting 10-20 frames, which isn't very fun to play, over my usual 80-90ish.

So I"ll stick with ZeroGS. But still, does anyone know how to up the brightness and contrast for that specific game?
Have you tried the latest public beta? And the latest GSdx plugin? Are you using DX10 Hardware mode if you have a DX10 capable video card and Vista/Windows 7?
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
(10-08-2009, 10:28 AM)boogerthe2nd Wrote: Have you tried the latest public beta? And the latest GSdx plugin? Are you using DX10 Hardware mode if you have a DX10 capable video card and Vista/Windows 7?

I did try it on the r1888 beta with gsdx plugin. Exactly the same thing, game runs but its really dark and low contrast. I can't use the dx10 plugin as I don't have windows vista or 7; I do however have a dx10 compatable graphics card.
How about using a (Software) renderer in GSdx? does that fix it? if it does just try other versions of GSdx to see if it works better on them.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64