Soul Calibur II - very blurry
Vertical lines are solved nowadays. If you use the newest development build you can use resolutions higher than 1200px...

Sponsored links

(06-09-2015, 10:05 AM)willkuer Wrote: Vertical lines are solved nowadays. If you use the newest development build you can use resolutions higher than 1200px...

Yep. Gregory is the man.

The G in GSdx may have to change from meaning Gabest to Gregory.

(Of course I'm joking, it stands for Graphics)
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I would guess the G in GSDx doesn't stand for gabest, or?

Also it is highly inappropriate that an OGL coder needs to work with something called ...Dx.

Maybe....: GregorysImprovedMultiPlatformGSPluginBasedOnTheWorkOfGabest(andOthers)GSDx.dll... or something like that.

Would be interesting how much of the work is made by gabest and how much by the others (as pseudonym, gregory and obviously nowadays refraction...)
GregorySynthesizerDX
(06-09-2015, 06:37 PM)willkuer Wrote: Would be interesting how much of the work is made by gabest and how much by the others (as pseudonym, gregory and obviously nowadays refraction...)

I would say about 60-65% done by gabest and other 20% by Gregory ( even higher considering the achievements in Linux) and refraction at the next place. Psuedonym didn't do much changes yet since PCSX2 has been moved to git.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(06-08-2015, 07:23 PM)Obuw Wrote: Hmm, didn't seem to do anything.

Also, increasing the internal resolution actually seemed to make things more blurry. (I tried 1260x709 and 1248x702. On anything above 1260-wide the infamous vertical lines begin to show up all over the place.)

Here's the best I could get:
http://imgur.com/jIpmbjA
I guess this is as good as it gets? There aren't any postprocessing filters I can apply to it to make it sharper, are there?

Thanks for all the help. :-)

what u want to do for Soul Calibur II (or any 480p ps2 game) is enable the game's Progrssive scan mode(480p). Usually the option is in the game's menu or you have to hold X and triaangle at the same time before the game loads.

SCII seems trickier as you have to hold down those buttons as the game is loading from the memory card or there abouts. if it works, it will ask u to confirm Progressive mode, say yes... Give it a try and then use a multiple in resolution( 3X, 4X , 5x etc...) also, u wont need the interlacing option. Plus dont forget to use the 'Align Sprite' hack under Hardware Hacks to eliminate the lines...

For widescreen, make sure you change it to 16:9 in the game's Display settings options menu. As well as in PCSX2 options.

[Image: KVeBzaB.jpg]

[Image: ULPRmMy.jpg]

[Image: l6FhSPu.jpg]

[Image: FdYVwtm.jpg]