Soul Reaver 2 Cutscene Issue
The file is fine, it's probably megafileupload causing it. https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2c4bd...483914961/

anyway, I have attached the memorycard for you, you really should have 7zipped it, it's way smaller Tongue

Attached Files
.7z   my memory card.7z (Size: 25,34 KB / Downloads: 137)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Sorry for the late response. Life is busy and all.

Unfortunately I was not able to figure out a combination of settings that fixes that issue. The only recommendation I have at this point is to just play it on your original hardware.

Sorry.
[Image: c9hit5-2.png]
Not a problem ShadedTear, I appreciate the time you've taken to help me out, I've all but given up myself after discovering that config settings that fix one area also break previous areas so I've resorted to dusting off my ol' PS2. I do have one question though, is there a way to highlight this issue (as it seems this different config necessary every other cutscene effects Soul Reaver 2specifically) to those heading PCSX2's development? Considering the Steam release (even if you were to get it to run) is complete and utter garbage PCSX2 (when it was running fine) is by far the fastest and graphically pleasing way to play this game with it's 360 degree movement and devour souls keys intact.
Is there any portion of the game where the issue happens everytime? If yes, a savestate right before that may prove useful to debug.
(01-10-2017, 08:21 PM)Profane Wrote: Not a problem ShadedTear, I appreciate the time you've taken to help me out, I've all but given up myself after discovering that config settings that fix one area also break previous areas so I've resorted to dusting off my ol' PS2. I do have one question though, is there a way to highlight this issue (as it seems this different config necessary every other cutscene effects Soul Reaver 2specifically) to those heading PCSX2's development? Considering the Steam release (even if you were to get it to run) is complete and utter garbage PCSX2 (when it was running fine) is by far the fastest and graphically pleasing way to play this game with it's 360 degree movement and devour souls keys intact.
On PS2 you have the added benefit of enjoying Surround sound(if you have a setup that supports it).

I'll have a look at this. I have a suspicion what might be causing at least part of the game's audio issues.
(01-10-2017, 09:25 PM)FlatOut Wrote: On PS2 you have the added benefit of enjoying Surround sound(if you have a setup that supports it).

I'll have a look at this. I have a suspicion what might be causing at least part of the game's audio issues.

What's causing the bug is actually that the game audio will randomly glitch when switching from spectral to material realm, causing the game music to break and play in weird tones. Though when this happens, the game will remain perfectly playable and sound effects will still work properly in gameplay.

However, once this glitch happens, the next cutscene will have no dialogue and the game will systematically freeze at the end of it.

I hope this helps, I was unable to find a fix myself though I've tried tinkering with audio settings countless times.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go