Sound Crackling like hell
Hello guys, 

I've just installed PCSX2 and the sound is crackling awfully. I'm trying it with the Simpsons game, US version. 

I'ts not the PC speed - I've got an 7. gen i7, a GTX 940mx and 8GBs RAM in my Notebook. It also runs at full speed. If I turn of the frames limiting it goes up to 300 frames per second (Though the problem still exists there). 

Speedhacks are turned off. I've also played around audio settings and none wokred. 

It's just the sound effects and voices ingame. Music and Videos are not affected, they are crystal clear.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
massive system latency will cause audio to crackle and pop but i dont think that should issue
Again,
it's an 7. gen i7, to be exact an i7-7500U. A GTX 940MX and 8 GB of ram. OS is Windows 10. Version is 1.4.0.
Setups are pretty much default. I've changed the resolution to FHD. I've played around with the audio Setups, but since nothing really worked, it's pretty much default again.
Latency shouldnt be a problem, everything is reacting fine and fast.

Speed is none, too. That machine is fast and emulation runs at around 300FPS, if I disable the speed limit.

Any more advices?
still, it's a dual core with STR around 1300 while we do recommend 1600...
what do the ee% & gs% say when the sound crackles ?
tried other SPU backends (like catmull) ?
(10-26-2016, 10:33 AM)sesselmann Wrote: Latency shouldnt be a problem, everything is reacting fine and fast.

Run LatencyMon alongside PCSX2 and see if it throws up anything out of the ordinary. However, usually when you have a misbehaving driver causing massive system latency issues, the audio crackling wouldn't be isolated to just a single application. Still, doesn't hurt to check.
Just curious, could you put up a screenshot of your SPU Plugin settings?
[Image: c9hit5-2.png]
So I've tried GTA Vice City Stories and Shadow of the Colossus and those just seem to work fine. 

So the problem is propably the Simpsons game? Any suggestions on how to fix this game? I love the Simpsons game :/

Here is a screenshot of the SPU settings, but as I said, I tried any settings there was no change at all.... 
http://abload.de/image.php?img=spu1xsu3.png
why don't you answer every question ?