Sound Lag in KH/graphical issues in KH
Hi everyone! 

Im using MacOS High Sierra and have PCSX2 installed. I'm trying to play KH1, and for some reason theres a major lag in the sound quality (when the game starts up at the main menu, there should be music playing as the menu fades in *the music glitches and is choppy, won't be consistent. There is also lagging whenever i just move between NEW GAME and LOAD GAME in the main menu of kingdom hearts *again, the sound isn't consistent and takes about 5 extra seconds to respond to my motions* 

When i do a new game, the whole thing lags and is horribly inconsistent (the FMV won't play according to the actions in the game), and when i'm actually able to start playing, the graphical errors are really wonky (sorra's eyes blend in with his hair), and i can also only jump/can't move in any direction with my controller and can only make sora jump for some reason. *my controller buttons are bound but i'm not sure why my joysticks aren't working.

Do you guys have any ideas on how i can fix this so that my game can run smoothly? I really wanna play the game! 

Happy gaming!

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
(03-11-2018, 03:23 AM)CK1 Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]

Alright! I'll try to do that now. One Sec.

So this is the txt log that was made right when i booted up KH:

apple.launchd.2yo8HNXHHk/org.macosforge.xquartz:0".
ZZogl: XF86VidModeExtension-Version 1.0
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/private/tmp/com.apple.launchd.2yo8HNXHHk/org.macosforge.xquartz:0".
ZZogl: Failed to start fullscreen. If you received the
"XFree86-VidModeExtension" extension is missing, add
Load "extmod"
to your X configuration file (under the Module Section)
ZZogl: Depth 24
ZZogl: you have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl: Using multitexturing
ZZogl: Maximun texture size is 16384 for Tex_2d and 16384 for Tex_NV
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
ZZogl: Fill bilinear blocks failed!
ZZogl: Creating effects
ZZogl: Creating extra effects
ZZogl: using full shaders
ZZogl: initialization successful
ZeroSPU2: Initialized portaudio...
ZeroSPU2: Created sound stream successfully...
ZeroSPU2: Started sound stream successfully...

Not sure why my game is still lagging...??
You're probably using an older version, looking at the ZZogl log is pretty obvious since it's an outdated plugin as well.

Give v1.5 a shot. Also make sure you're using the latest Wineskin.
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH! Okay, so what version should i download to make my game smoother and have no lagging issues? I was looking at the Mac builds and only picked the one that had Hot in red (meaning the one that everyone downloaded. Theres a couple options but i'm not sure which one would make my game work properly.
/Users/marcusflack/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 5.44.09 PM.png

So, for the outdated software copy of PCSX2 that i have, theres a folder w/all the necessary files i need to make the program work. If i DL a newer version of the software can i use the PCSX2 folder i already have on my desktop to run the new version of PCSX2..?

The above is a screenshot of my desktop.

/Users/marcusflack/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 5.45.53 PM.png

Here is the contents inside my pcsx2 folder for a reference.
(03-11-2018, 03:39 AM)KingdomHeartsfan1441 Wrote: OOOOOOOOOOHHHHH! Okay, so what version should i download to make my game smoother and have no lagging issues? I was looking at the Mac builds and only picked the one that had Hot in red (meaning the one that everyone downloaded. Theres a couple options but i'm not sure which one would make my game work properly.
/Users/marcusflack/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 5.44.09 PM.png

So, for the outdated software copy of PCSX2 that i have, theres a folder w/all the necessary files i need to make the program work. If i DL a newer version of the software can i use the PCSX2 folder i already have on my desktop to run the new version of PCSX2..?

The above is a screenshot of my desktop.

/Users/marcusflack/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 5.45.53 PM.png

Here is the contents inside my pcsx2 folder for a reference.

Okay, so now i'm using PCSX2 version 0.9.7 and have no sound when i play KHl, how do i fix this?
By installing windows using bootcamp.
Mac ports are outdated and buggy.

The wineskin port could work better too
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
How do i use wineskin with PCSX2? I already have the wineskin wrapper created for PCSX2,but how do i get it to open the program automatically? Does it also have an alternate plugin for the default in PCSX2?
no idea since i never used pcsx2 on mac
but reading the sitckies may help
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Okay, so now i'm trying to find the PCSX2 plugins with all the plugins required to make the program run smoothly and i can't find it. I went through my mac and deleted clone files of PCSX2 (there were 3 clones) and none of them had the plugins for the program. How do i fix that?