Sound issue in Shadow Hearts: Covenant
I apologize if a thread like this regarding Shadow Hearts: Covenant has already been made, but I frankly don't have the time to read through all the pages to see if there's already a thread on this issue.

For nostalgic purposes I decided to play through this game again. But seeing as I no longer have a PS2 I decided to play it on PCSX2. Everything worked great...up until the first boss fight.

Right at the very beginning of the fight the sound was fine, but after about 30 seconds a horrible high pitched beep started playing. It wasn't too bad at first; I just lowered my volume. Then at one point it got even worse and I had to turn my sound off. This only happens during boss fights and the sound is fine otherwise (normal battles, walking around in towns/dungeons etc)

I've tried to mix around with the sound plugin settings (SPU2-X r5324 2.0.0 [spu2-x-r5324]) but to no avail. In fact, any changes I made made the overall sound (outside boss fights) choppy and it didn't fix the high pitched beep during boss fights. At my wits end I decided to try out different plugins. The only problem is that PCSX2 10 won't load any other plugins for me for some reason. I downloaded the SPU2 Peops and SPU2null plugins in hopes they would fare better but as explained in my previous sentence PCSX2 10 won't load them. The only one I can choose from the list is SPU2-X r5324 2.0.0 [spu2-x-r5324].

Before I post a link I'd like to warn everyone that the high pitched beeps are very piercing to the ear so if you have sensitive ears and can't stand high pitched noises, or worse have a condition that could worsen because of this, DO NOT watch the video. Again, DO NOT watch the video if you have anything that could worsen because of high pitched noises. I'm only linking a video to it to give people an idea of how bad this high pitched beeping noise really is and what could be done to prevent it so no one else has to hear it in the future. If you do watch it, make sure to lower your volume first so it doesn't hurt your ears.

Here is a video I recorded: http://youtu.be/fxH4ipCXCK8 it starts at about 27 seconds in. I started recording a little bit before it starts so you can note the drastic change in the sound and I was shocked when the beeping started.

Is this a known issue and if so is there any workaround? I really want to play this game but having to mute the sound during boss fights kind of takes the enjoyment out of it for me and that's really all I can do at this point.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

Quote:But seeing as I no longer have a PS2
Using a BIOS file with PCSX2 which you have downloaded from the internet or from a PS2 console you do not own is illegal. You must own the console the BIOS file came from (even if it's broken) to be legal.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go