Spartan - Total Warrior issue: blurry and bright in-game
Have you tried some of the hardware-hacks (tick 'enable HW hacks' then 'configure'). You probably can try skipdraw which often works nicely to get rid of some problematic layers. Try slowly increasing the number (probably between 1-3 max. 10 if it solves the problem), You can also try alpha.

Quote:And like I said in my initial post, if I were to put the renderer in software mode it actually fixes that brightness issue but drags down overall gameplay/picture quality.

You can try to increase the number of additional threads for software renderer to improve the performance but you can only achieve the same graphics as the ps2. That it works for the software mode is a good sign which in principle reduces the 'area of research' only to the gs-plugin and not to the core.

Sponsored links

(04-25-2014, 12:10 AM)willkuer Wrote: Have you tried some of the hardware-hacks (tick 'enable HW hacks' then 'configure'). You probably can try skipdraw which often works nicely to get rid of some problematic layers. Try slowly increasing the number (probably between 1-3 max. 10 if it solves the problem), You can also try alpha.

You can try to increase the number of additional threads for software renderer to improve the performance but you can only achieve the same graphics as the ps2. That it works for the software mode is a good sign which in principle reduces the 'area of research' only to the gs-plugin and not to the core.

Just tried skipdraw, went up to 3 like you suggested and the whole brightness issue starts dwindling. Up to 8 and it completely goes away only to have the UI(player healthbar, pause/start menu pretty much disappear)too.

At 7, the UI comes back partially and there is a double image going on.

PROGRESS LADIES! PROGRESS!!!
(04-24-2014, 10:24 PM)Church117 Wrote: You mean the Configure button under GS plugin settings? Also including the "Enable HW Hacks" tick box?

Wait a minute, what about the TC Offset hack? I did mention that there is a rectangular area in the upper left hand corner of my screen that seems to be the only area that is unaffected.

Anyway I can take a screeny to show you?

Of course you can take a screeny Smile im here to help you Laugh

Btw,Yes,the GS plugin are were you can change resolution (Native,2x,3x etc) change mode to DX9/11 and OpenGL and the hacks.
That's kind of odd. never heard so far that you can remove something slightly with skipdraw. Have you tried alpha or one of the others?
I have tried other hacks including alpha hack and haven't noticed any real physical changes.

Having "fixed" this brightness issue now comes the issue of the HUD elements/UI disappearing.

(04-25-2014, 12:42 AM)axlffx2forever Wrote: Of course you can take a screeny Smile im here to help you Laugh

Btw,Yes,the GS plugin are were you can change resolution (Native,2x,3x etc) change mode to DX9/11 and OpenGL and the hacks.

Check page 2 in the thread, a link to dl the screeny is in one of my posts.
Maybe there is a hack/patch for that... and probably there are some in this forum who can create such a patch but if they have the game and time/interest at the same time I don't know. I think the picture in the upper corner is the frame of the native resolution. You can check this by reducing the internal resolution. There seems to be some effect for the border of the screen. If you could turn off that effect or change the size of that square I don't know but it is not unprobable.

Probably completely rubbish but can you improve the situation toggling the three modes of texture filtering?

Other than finding a compromise between loosing HUD and getting a clear image using skipdraw and shade boost or finding a patcher I don't know.
(04-25-2014, 12:57 AM)Church117 Wrote: I have tried other hacks including alpha hack and haven't noticed any real physical changes.

Having "fixed" this brightness issue now comes the issue of the HUD elements/UI disappearing.

Check page 2 in the thread, a link to dl the screeny is in one of my posts.

I don't know how fix this....You tried with "Enable shade boost" and lower the settings?

Btw you use FXAA and FX SHADER?
(04-25-2014, 01:39 AM)axlffx2forever Wrote: I don't know how fix this....You tried with "Enable shade boost" and lower the settings?

Btw you use FXAA and FX SHADER?

Already done tried those but here is the kicker.

Those options only make the screen itself darker/cloudier. The brightness you seen in that pick is actually IN the game and so far from what we tested, the skipdraw in the HW Hack config actually dwindles and eventually gets rid of that brightness.

I had to turn it up 8 in the skipdraw to get rid of the the issue completely only to trade that in for missing HUD elements/UI.

I would of provided a better quality picture(not to mention a whole picture at that)were it not for the severe size limit for trying to upload it to a post.

It apparently has to be some kind of issue within the GS plugin from what I have been reading from the others tryin to help me out.
I will see if I can't somehow make a video or something to show you guys/gals whats going on(if that's ok to do on the forums).
Sure you can do that. But making a screenshot and saving it as jpg would also work. bmp is just quite uncompressed.

Maybe you can still check again what happens if you reduce the internal resolution. I would think the small rectangle enlarges. For native it has the same size as the screen so that everything looks right..... am I right?