Special Dirge of Cerberus Plugin
Hi there. For a long while I've searched the internet for a solution to the incorrect emulation of the sky in Final Fantasy VII: Dirge of Cerberus in hardware mode; and, today, I've found this plugin:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Question-...SX2?pid=17

that was modified by Shadow Lady. The problem is, since Git 20140331, I can't seem to make the emulator detect the plugin in any revision after that one. I know that I can play through the game perfectly with revision 5932 (the version previous to 20140331, the last one that works with the plugin) with great graphics, but I tried Dirge of Cerberus in version 20150604, and the graphics are even better yet, and have a lot more options to greatly tweak the game. So, the question would be: is there a way to make the emulator detect the plugin in recent versions? I checked the changelog of version 20140331, and it's huge, so I suppose that the emulator simply changed too much to detect such an old plugin from that moment on. So, is it possible?
If not possible, is there a more recent version of the plugin?
If there isn't, could someone tell me how to make the plugin (from scratch) with the necessary modifications to make the game look as awesome as the old one, and at the same time have all recent graphics options?

Edit: Here's the emulog.txt

Sponsored links

Things have changed a lot since that custom version was made which is why it doesn't work any more.

In order to get it to work, you would need whatever code Shadow Lady wrote, and then you would need to manually apply that to the current GSdx source and compile it. But things have changed so much even that might not be possible.

A better idea is this: Find an area with the problem and generate a GS dump ( Shift + F8 and the longer you hold the keys, the longer (and bigger) the dump. A couple seconds should suffice. ) Compress and upload it to somewhere like Dropbox(It will be in the "snaps" subdirectory). Then go here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx and post the link to it. Explain the problem briefly, and ask Gregory to take a look at it. He has been fixing many GSdx problems lately and he may just fix it properly for you. Even if he can't, he will appreciate the GS dump to work with.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-09-2015, 06:26 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Things have changed a lot since that custom version was made which is why it doesn't work any more.

In order to get it to work, you would need whatever code Shadow Lady wrote, and then you would need to manually apply that to the current GSdx source and compile it. But things have changed so much even that might not be possible.

A better idea is this: Find an area with the problem and generate a GS dump ( Shift + F8 and the longer you hold the keys, the longer (and bigger) the dump. A couple seconds should suffice. ) Compress and upload it to somewhere like Dropbox(It will be in the "snaps" subdirectory). Then go here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx and post the link to it. Explain the problem briefly, and ask Gregory to take a look at it. He has been fixing many GSdx problems lately and he may just fix it properly for you. Even if he can't, he will appreciate the GS dump to work with.

Will do. Thanks a lot for the quick reply.
BTW now that you've posted your emulog:

Don't use EmuCR builds. They are unofficial and sometimes have issues.

You can get the latest official builds as SOON as the code change happens right here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-09-2015, 06:49 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: BTW now that you've posted your emulog:

Don't use EmuCR builds. They are unofficial and sometimes have issues.

You can get the latest official builds as SOON as the code change happens right here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2

Thanks, I wasn't aware of that at all. I'll stick to PCSX2.net.
Really they are generally okay, the main things are:

#1 - We have no affiliation with EmuCR or any of their staff, so it's possible they could change something, break something, whatever something.

#2 - In the past, we have had some issues caused by EmuCR builds. Not often, but it happens.

#3 - The buildbot I linked above we actually DO have contact with the people who maintain it. The buildbot is literally a script that scans our GIT for changes, and when it finds one generates a new build to our specifications. This way we know everything is 100% solid.

And so yeah that's why we don't support EmuCR builds. It should be noted we don't support ANY unofficial build or plugin. The only reason the above one from Shadow Lady that you mentioned is okay is because it was made by one of our staff.

So yeah, that's that.

But yeah I am not familiar with this issue, but if it's just a sky issue like you say it may be pretty easy to fix. Gregory has fixed a LOT of our longstanding HW mode problems lately, and continues to do more each day.
Can my PC play DoC at full speeds with PCSX2 v1.2.1?
My specs are
Processor: AMD FX-4100 quad core
Ram: 4 gigs
GPU: NVidia GEForce 740
HDD: 500 gigs with 200 gigs free

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I am trying to play a number of my old PS2 games and having trouble only with the good ones such as DoC and Valkyrie profile 2
(08-24-2015, 06:37 PM)squall692 Wrote: Can my PC play DoC at full speeds with PCSX2 v1.2.1?
My specs are
Processor: AMD FX-4100 quad core
Ram: 4 gigs
GPU: NVidia GEForce 740
HDD: 500 gigs with 200 gigs free

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this but I am trying to play a number of my old PS2 games and having trouble only with the good ones such as DoC and Valkyrie profile 2

no you can't.
and it's completely unrelated to the OP.
Please make your own thread, next time.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
There's no need to jump through hoops.

GSdx at the time also supported SDL output, and so required the SDL DLL at the same dir as PCSX2. PCSX2 currently doesn't use SDL, so the dll is not distributed as part of PCSX2 these days.

I just tried latest PCSX2 development build, with the GSdx custom build by shadow lady, and after adding SDL.dll to the PCSX2 dir it loads just fine.

I've attached this DLL. Make sure to extract it to the same folder as PCSX2, and the modified plugins to the plugins dir, and it should work.

Attached Files
.7z   SDL.dll~for-old-PCSX2.7z (Size: 195,57 KB / Downloads: 378)