Spectabis | Advanced Game Launcher (Frontend)
(01-25-2021, 10:26 AM)Way of the PS2 Wrote: Trying to do a fresh install of Spectabis but it keeps crashing when adding an .iso file. Sad

Honestly, if it's not working from the get-go, I'd probably just look into another front-end. Spectabis is no longer being worked on***, and although it's the kind of program that should 'just work', it doesn't =(.

***Going on the github, it looks like several people made some updates to fix the problems like art-scrapping and what-not. If that latest version doesn't work, no idea.

Sponsored links

The creator is busy making a second front-end, i wouldn't say not worked on anymore: https://github.com/FaithLV/spectabis-next
Scrapping an entire project to front a linux based solution with Windows is basically the same thing. If you're capable of it, you should update the OP with the information that a new version of Spectabis is in the works; Faith only mentioned that next is for Linux users in the OP, nothing indicates it is the new stuff without looking at Spectabis' Github and reading the small Next portion.

Next also looks like it's being slowly worked on; but it does have the necessary features for it to be usable and functional for the most important purposes.

Point still stands, however, if Spectabis doesn't work from the get-go, there are plentiful of other front-ends, though not specific to a single program, that will do what is needed without issues.

If people have trouble, try SpectabisNext, if that doesn't work, look into another solution or PCSX2Bonus. Worrying about making this one work isn't worth the time anymore.
There is launchbox with it's plugin, Gog galaxy, playnite, i agree that there isn't an easy way yet without tinkering around frontends.
Can anyone tell me step by step how do you get an IGDB API Key?
Any idea why I would be getting the message "The configured GS plugin file was not found" when launching from Spectabis only?
Guys can someone give an example of what should be typed in the IGDB API entry field?
I registered and have Client ID and Client Secret
but how do you write it for Spectrabis to work?
99000K | Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 | 64GB DDR4 | GTX 2080Ti | Sound Blaster X3
(06-02-2018, 01:56 PM)FaithLV Wrote: Hey, in recent days I released two updates!
Here's the latest build: https://github.com/FaithLV/WPF_Spectabis.../tag/1.0.8

Changes:
- Reduced memory usage by up to 95%
- Discord Rich Presence

OP, how to use your API integration, what to write in the IGDB field, i got the client id and secret but whats now? Your app has no readme, no help file explaining this part.
99000K | Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 | 64GB DDR4 | GTX 2080Ti | Sound Blaster X3
(08-09-2016, 09:12 AM)FaithLV Wrote: CAUTION: Spectabis currently only supports PCSX2 up to 1.6 (stable). Later development versions will crash due to breaking changes in the emulator.
If this is a deal breaker, I suggest checking out the new (cross-platform) version here. Please keep in mind it's in early stages of development, but you are welcome to play around with it and leave feedback in the GitHub issues section.

So I've been using spectabis 1.2 for few weeks now and I just happened to check page again today and I see this ^^

I didn't see this warning before and I'm curious what crashes in the newer dev builds people are having? I've been using it with the lastest wxWidget Nightly dev builds(currently have 1.7.2821) without encountering any crashes. I should note, I don't have an ridiculously large collection.

I see the last couple of pages people mention ISOs causing crashes when adding them and also the API scraping not working. 

I've always had Check for updates and Automatic boxart scraping turned off so maybe that's why it doesn't crash for me when I add an ISO? (You can manually add custom boxart btw).

Just curious to hear from someone who has had crashes.

Edit: OK, I see on GitHub people saying you can no longer set per game settings from within Spectabis, I didn't even know that was a thing, haha. (apparently, you right-click on the game in Spectibas and a context menu pops up). Well what I've been doing is launching the game though spectabis, then with the game still running, setting everything up normally through PCSX2 menus and closing out the emulator(to make sure ini files update). I thought this was how it was supposed to be done. Smile

Anyway, fingers crossed I can avoid any crashes!