Spectabis | Advanced Game Launcher (Frontend)
You should really update to 1.6.0 first...
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

(08-14-2020, 06:17 PM)Bositman Wrote: You should really update to 1.6.0 first...

I edited my post just now, but I am actually using a 1.7 recent release. I also tried it on the stable 1.6.0. Its launching the 1.7 .exe but its searching for plugins in that location, for some odd reason. That's not how it's configured, either.

The 1.2 location it's quoting doesn't even exist on my machine.
That's very strange. Ever at any point in time ever install PCSX2 with an installer or something? Maybe an old registry pointing to a location that doesn't exist anymore? Bosit: Possible?

Sounds like a weird issue, 'cause everything should be fine for you.
That might be the problem as I did have an old installer build years back. I've since deleted it and can't see any entries for it on my add / remove programs. I'd imagine I must have done a registry clean since I deleted it too.

Would I be able to remove any references to it on regedit?

[edit] Trying another registry cleaner in the meantime. I'll let you know if this does the trick.

[edit 2] No luck I'm afraid. It's still looking in the non-existent plugins path when I launch a game for the first time. Oddly it works if I close PCSX2 then launch the same game again, but the (correct 1.7) .exe that opens is otherwise configured with the default options, e.g. BIOS location, speedhacks, folders etc. Any other game I launch for the first time has the same initial error, then the same secondary issues.
Hmmm, yeah, such an odd issue you're facing. Maybe you should try installing PCSX2 again properly? Also, for a decent program that's free, use Geek Uninstaller, it'll let the program uninstall like normally through its own uninstaller, but after, it'll search for folders and registry that you can then delete afterwards, instead of just using a registry cleaner which.... can be iffy.
Maybe there are PCSX2 config files left in your user folder from an installation and somehow get used. Try clearing everything PCSX2 related in your user/documents folder
[Image: newsig.jpg]
It's certainly weird! Thanks for the quick responses!

I've tried installing the installer version of 1.6 and tested with that set as the .exe, but no difference there. I then uninstalled it. I use IObit Smart Uninstaller which provides the similar function of scanning for leftover files after running the uninstaller. Unfortunately there's no entry for PCSX2 1.2 either. I ran another 'deep scan' registry cleaner but that doesn't seem to have fixed anything.

I also deleted the PCSX2 folder in My Documents, but still had the same problem. I've checked my users/[name]/appdata folders on all drives and can't see any PCSX2 folders in local or roaming either. 

--

UPDATE: I think I cracked it! I did another search in the registry for the 1.2.1 address, found one entry and deleted it. (Weird it wasn't picked up as an obsolete reference!) I then deleted the Spectabis folder, restarted my PC and set it up again. Now it seems to work! Launches straight into the game and doesn't change any settings I haven't specified!

Sorry for the novels and thanks for tipping me off on looking at the registry. Hopefully it'll help someone else in ten years time! Tongue
(08-17-2020, 01:39 AM)ispoveloonerisms Wrote: It's certainly weird! Thanks for the quick responses!

I've tried installing the installer version of 1.6 and tested with that set as the .exe, but no difference there. I then uninstalled it. I use IObit Smart Uninstaller which provides the similar function of scanning for leftover files after running the uninstaller. Unfortunately there's no entry for PCSX2 1.2 either. I ran another 'deep scan' registry cleaner but that doesn't seem to have fixed anything.

I also deleted the PCSX2 folder in My Documents, but still had the same problem. I've checked my users/[name]/appdata folders on all drives and can't see any PCSX2 folders in local or roaming either. 

--

UPDATE: I think I cracked it! I did another search in the registry for the 1.2.1 address, found one entry and deleted it. (Weird it wasn't picked up as an obsolete reference!) I then deleted the Spectabis folder, restarted my PC and set it up again. Now it seems to work! Launches straight into the game and doesn't change any settings I haven't specified!

Sorry for the novels and thanks for tipping me off on looking at the registry. Hopefully it'll help someone else in ten years time! Tongue
Hi, i have same problem but i have no idea how to find the register's entry to delete 
help!  Ninja Ninja Ninja

im using pcsx2 1.6 (portable)
uhhhh.... artwork scanning dont find nothin... ive even added giantbomb api to the top ...no beef
Trying to do a fresh install of Spectabis but it keeps crashing when adding an .iso file. Sad