Spectabis | Advanced Game Launcher (Frontend)
(10-31-2016, 02:25 AM)Arcadius Wrote: No idea what the difference is, but I'll wish you the best of luck. I'm fine with Spectabis in it's current state and continue to use it when I play, so no worries =).

Well, for me this is a chance to rewrite some code and clean it up.
For you it means more stable, modern and reliable experience.

http://i.imgur.com/lXGjkqr.png

Edit: Thanks, btw
[Image: iq2O9Ya.jpg]

Sponsored links

Hi,  I'm trying to ADD games to Spectabis, and all are ISOs except one, Dark Cloud, which i've used PIGZ to compress the ISO to a GZ file....

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

When I tried to add it I get an unhandled exception error as follows:

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SevenZipExtractor.ArchiveFile.GetProperty[T](UInt32 fileIndex, ItemPropId name)
   at SevenZipExtractor.ArchiveFile.get_Entries()
   at PCSX2_Spectabis.addGameForm.materialRaisedButton1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at MaterialSkin.Controls.MaterialRaisedButton.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
PCSX2-Spectabis
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Emu/Playstation%202%20(PSX2)/PCSX2%201.4.0/Spectabis/PCSX2-Spectabis.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
MaterialSkin
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Emu/Playstation%202%20(PSX2)/PCSX2%201.4.0/Spectabis/MaterialSkin.DLL
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
SevenZipExtractor
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Emu/Playstation%202%20(PSX2)/PCSX2%201.4.0/Spectabis/SevenZipExtractor.DLL
TheGamesDBAPI
    CodeBase: file:///E:/Emu/Playstation%202%20(PSX2)/PCSX2%201.4.0/Spectabis/TheGamesDBAPI.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

I've tried running the program in compatibility mode for Windows 8, it does the same thing...

Any way around this?  Thanks.
Hey
(11-07-2016, 02:17 AM)cleverest Wrote: Hi,  I'm trying to ADD games to Spectabis, and all are ISOs except one, Dark Cloud, which i've used PIGZ to compress the ISO to a GZ file....

I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

When I tried to add it I get an unhandled exception error as follows:

I've tried running the program in compatibility mode for Windows 8, it does the same thing...

Any way around this?  Thanks.

Hey, due to some misterious regression, .gz files cannot be added at the moment. New version will be coming soon™.

If you really need to add the game, you can try creating a profile yourself:
- Add any .iso game to Spectabis
- Close spectabis and open folder /resources/configs/ in Spectabis directory
- Copy any of the folders inside
- Rename the copied folder to the title of game you want to add
- Open that folder and replace art.jpg file with a custom boxart from the internet
- Open spectabis.ini file and edit the line "isoDirectory=x", where x is the location of your .gz file

Sorry, .gz files were working for me when I implemented it, but multiple people have reported the issue and it will be fixed in the next version.

Add all the other games as you would.
A shameless attempt to rise this to the first page and a small update, because I want to write something for sake of writing it.

First, CyberFoxHax is also helping me with the project and has rebuilt necesarry dependecies to work with .NET Framework 4.5, where previously I needed 4.5.2.

[Image: 1aKoaSO.png]

The biggest and most obvious difference in new Spectabis will be the UI. The jump from WinForms to WPF has allowed me to use more up-to-date material design library and do some fancy stuff with the interface. 

Game settings no longer open a new window, but instead slide a panel from a side where you can access all sorts of things. By double-clicking the big text at the top, you can change game name. You can also now quickly search the game in PCSX2 Wiki, not perfect, but works most of the time as expected.

Also, COLOR THEMES!!!!!!

[Image: yhFftp5.jpg]

Remember the slow art scraping from TheGamesDB? Good news, I've implemented GiantBombAPI and you can now get game art faster and more precisely. GiantBombAPI art images also doesn't include the big black ugly header with "Playstation 2", if that bothered anybody.

Sadly, this doesn't come easily. You'll have to dedicate 30 seconds of your dear time to register for an API key, because you can't share those.

This new version is coming up nicely and is still being worked on. It's mostly done and is fully functional, but a couple of things have to be done before a public binary release.

For those who are worried, old game configurations will still work with this new version.

And for those who are still using PCSX2Bonus, I've written a tool that'll convert your profiles to be used with Spectabis which you can get here:
https://github.com/FaithLV/SpectabisProf...r/releases
Very awesome! Would have loved to have a profile converter earlier on, did it all by hand manually already, but it's wonderful you created it.

Really nice to see CyberFox working with you too. Themes are awesome and it seems like this Frontend is really going above and beyond!
So, yeah. I'm releasing RC for new spectabis - https://github.com/Spectabis/WPF_Spectabis/releases
More info in OP.
Main features should be working, but bugs will be there.

Also, you can just copy your old Spectabis game profiles and everything will work just fine.
Woooah! This is very awesome! Will look into it later this week. Haven't really played any PS2 games lately, but this is amazing! Nice job Faith!
https://github.com/Spectabis/WPF_Spectab.../tag/1.0.0

Added "-console" commandline argument
Added an update notification
Added Windows 10 start menu tile icon
Fixed issue where playtime would continue counting when closing a game

[Image: wmvYIUz.jpg]

*Maybe also works under Windows 8. Anybody with Windows 8 could clarify?
Hello,

Thanks for that, simple and beautiful.

Good job. Smile
If anybody is using Spectabis and found their version to now suddenly crash, download the latest release, I screwed up updater checker.

# 1.0.2 (+ hotfix)
  • Commandline support for launching game profiles instantly -profile "profile name"
  • Improved commandline handling
  • Minor improvements to debug console
  • Refetch boxart button

https://github.com/Spectabis/WPF_Spectab...0.2-hotfix