Spectabis | Advanced Game Launcher (Frontend)
Hi,

Having a problem with the program. It just crashes instantly whenever I try to save a profile.

EDIT: Solved by "configuring in pcsx2".

Now I have a problem with the combination with launchbox. I have set up 3 games fine (had some problems with the names of iso's and the corresponding folders and so on) but I have problems with DBZ:BT3. When I launch the game via launchbox, spectabis takes a while to start (doesn't even open normally, it goes straight to pscx2) and doesn't open the game. If I launch via spectabis it works just fine.

Sponsored links

i launched it. I have some issues:

1) it is impossible to download every cover...i don' have any box art, it appears "Failedto Connct to GamesDB". Why?
2) if i run spectabis, it starts the emulator not considering my default settings of the emulator. I hav to reconfigure it. Is it normal? Have i to configure every game? I would like to use a default settings for most games, and specific games setting for some games. Is it possible?
3) if i push VIDEO SETTINGS, it appears the GSdx set up, but it is different from the one that appears when i open it directly from PCSX2 (Config--> Video GS --> Plugin Settings). It seems that the set up from Spectabis is older than the one from pcsx2...why?

can you help me please?

thank you
It's been a while since I've started with an empty Spectabis config. I'd recommend deleting Spectabis entirely and check in this location to delete the SpectabisWPF folder too, use this %LocalAppData% to get there quicker (copy/paste into path title, if you understand).

Then open PCSX2 like normally and go through all the plugin configurations and configure it up. Make sure to press ok and apply and stuff. Exit PCSX2 by going to System->Exit. Double check everything is saved properly by opening PCSX2 again and confirming all your configurations are in place.

Then get the latest version of Spectabis again and see how that works. You can delete the Spectabis plugins folder, shouldn't be necessary.

For the GamesDB not getting album art, in Spectabis, go to the settings and use the Giant Bomb API, you'll have to register for a key, but that should be no problem.

As for configuring, I always stick to rightclick->configure in PCSX2.

Not sure if this will work for you, but ... try?

Spectabis shouldn't need to require constant configuring, it uses the base PCSX2 config. I just tried myself and it worked just fine.

It's possible something was a bit wonky somewhere with your settings or Spectabis itself.
(03-24-2019, 05:57 PM)Arcadius Wrote: It's been a while since I've started with an empty Spectabis config. I'd recommend deleting Spectabis entirely and check in this location to delete the SpectabisWPF folder too, use this %LocalAppData% to get there quicker (copy/paste into path title, if you understand).

Then open PCSX2 like normally and go through all the plugin configurations and configure it up. Make sure to press ok and apply and stuff. Exit PCSX2 by going to System->Exit. Double check everything is saved properly by opening PCSX2 again and confirming all your configurations are in place.

Then get the latest version of Spectabis again and see how that works. You can delete the Spectabis plugins folder, shouldn't be necessary.

For the GamesDB not getting album art, in Spectabis, go to the settings and use the Giant Bomb API, you'll have to register for a key, but that should be no problem.

As for configuring, I always stick to rightclick->configure in PCSX2.

Not sure if this will work for you, but ... try?

Spectabis shouldn't need to require constant configuring, it uses the base PCSX2 config. I just tried myself and it worked just fine.

It's possible something was a bit wonky somewhere with your settings or Spectabis itself.
thanks! So, first of all i deleted the 2 spectabis folders in %LocalAppData%
Thank i verified that my pcsx2 settings are correctly saved and i exti from the emulator.
Then i unzipped latest version of spectabis and i deleted its plugin folder.
Here you can see the remaining spectabis files: https://i.postimg.cc/TP5Bd972/Immagine.png
Have i to copy/paste them in the same pcsx2 folder? Currently they nare in 2 separate folders: https://i.postimg.cc/BQtpfvw4/Immagine2.png
thank you!
I'll be honest, I don't remember if the Spectabis folder 'has' to be inside the PCSX2 folder. I do it like that because of how I organize my folders, but I don't think it's necessary.

I would go ahead and try to setup Spectabis. It should ask you to locate your PCSX2 directory first, right, so do that. Just make sure you select the PCSX2 folder, and not anything inside of it.

So in my Spectabis setting, my directory looks like this "G:\Emulators\PCSX2\"

After that... I guess just add your games by either directory or game-by-game. Don't forget to get a GiantBomb API key for your covers.
ok, when i run spectabis, it ask me the folder where i have pcsx2. But i can't seleect only the folder: i have to select the pcsx2.ex file, it is necessary...so i have selected it. After that i choosed Giantbomb and i have an account now and the API.

1) I added my games: some of them are in iso format but some in bin+cue: I added both bin+cue games, but in this way, every time i run Spectabis, it appears
"There 8 new games in your directory" SHOW THEM or DISMISS: if i push Show Them, nothing appears in spectabis. Do you think that i can Dismiss them? PRobably i had to add only bin images, not cue file...?

2) I have configured the joypad on pcsx2 and it works. But if i run games with spectabis, the joypad isn't detected... i tried to active the option "Enable global controller profile" but notthing happens...the joypad isn't detected... I noticed that, after launching a game with spectabis, if i close it and i enter in pcsx2, the mapping of my joypad aren't present:https://i.postimg.cc/44HT5pzT/Immagine.png
But if i run pcsx2, they works and are present: https://i.postimg.cc/bwDbYCnB/Immagine2.png
How can i solve?

3) I have a favourite settings for 3D games and a favourite settings for 2D games. Is it possible to configure only 2 times these settings and then in a way link them to specific games or have i to set up each game in spectabis?

thank you!
Regarding #2 Go into your PCSX2 inis folder and take a screenshot of what's in there. Then go into a game config folder within Spectabis and see what files are in there too. The issue you're having here shouldn't be the case, so I don't really know =/

For #3, no, you can't have a dual configuration, but what you can do, is in the Spectabis folder, go to Resources then Configs. You can just copy the GSdx.ini file from for each type of game config. Basically, configure one of the 2D games the way you like (I imagine it's just video configurations) and then open that game folder in the Config folder, just copy that GSdx.ini file and paste it into the other 2D games you'd like to have the same configuration. You can do that for other types of configuration files too, if you'd like.

For #1: I don't use bin+cue folders, but I think you should only add the cue file, not the bin file.

I forgot that when you first use Spectabis, it asks for the PCSX2.exe file, sorry.

Everything should be fine now though, I think. ?
many thanks

1) ok, i will try to reload them. But i noticed now that if i load each game one by one, i can choos .iso or .bin file, so probably i have to choose only .bin files..?
2) ok, for now i keep separate the pcsx2 folder and the speactabis folder. Here the pcs2 ins: https://i.postimg.cc/KcK798qT/Immagine4.png and here the spectabis ins: https://i.postimg.cc/W170DF3B/Immagine5.png I don't know if i have to put the spectabis folders/installation in the pcsx2 folder...probably in this way it can dntify the joypad...?
3) you are right, i think it is correct!!!

thank you!
Check Spectabis->resoureces->Configs->Game title for the inis of Spectabis inis.

You don't need a folder called ini in Spectabis's root. The files are stored in the config for each game.
thank you very much, everything is ok now! Smile