Speed FPS on battery for Laptop
Which brand is your laptop? Does it have some software that manage the power plans on your notebook?Asus had a software called Power4Gear last time I've checked. Maybe it is interfering on your laptop's performance to extend battery life. Maybe you gpu is always disabled on battery mode since it is a mid range one.

Sponsored links

(03-07-2017, 08:29 PM)sethomega Wrote: Which brand is your laptop? Does it have some software that manage the power plans on your notebook?Asus had a software called Power4Gear last time I've checked. Maybe it is interfering on your laptop's performance to extend battery life. Maybe you gpu is always disabled on battery mode since it is a mid range one.

Laptop brand is Asus X550VX. No I don't install software that manage power plans. The card is upper mid range to be honest.
(03-08-2017, 06:11 AM)godofknife Wrote: Laptop brand is Asus X550VX. No I don't install software that manage power plans. The card is upper mid range to be honest.

Maybe there is some Framelimit setting defined on Nvidia Driver. Try checking nvidia inspector. Look for the Framelimit key and set it to 'off' if its not already. Maybe Asus set framelimit from factory to control gpu heat. Dunno... its just a guess. Tongue2
(03-10-2017, 10:03 PM)sethomega Wrote: Maybe there is some Framelimit setting defined on Nvidia Driver. Try checking nvidia inspector. Look for the Framelimit key and set it to 'off' if its not already. Maybe Asus set framelimit from factory to control gpu heat. Dunno... its just a guess. Tongue2

Do you think so? Can you provide me link of NVIDIA inspector? I swear I have been looking for Official one but couldn't seem to find it. I was afraid of malware apps. Sad
(03-20-2017, 05:38 AM)godofknife Wrote: Do you think so? Can you provide me link of NVIDIA inspector? I swear I have been looking for Official one but couldn't seem to find it. I was afraid of malware apps. Sad

look here https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments...ad_nvidia/
Some laptops when on battery mode will enforce a really annoying vsync. One of my laptops vsyncs to 30 FPS, which makes emulators run at half speed unless I outright disable the feature.

It's likely in your graphics settings/driver... especially if optimus (nVIDIA)