Speed Hacks, Turbo, and Frame Skipping Not Working
Okay, so I got PCSX2 up and running just fine, latest version. However when booting up an ISO of Ratchet & Clank the frame rate dropped as soon as the main menu loaded. FPS on cutscenes and loading is fine, but drops into the high 20's - low 30's during gameplay.

The game is running in slow-mo even though I'm running Windows 7 64-bit with an Intel i7 Biggrin a whole terabyte of memory and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260. So, I resorted to seeing if speedhacking could fix the FPS issues but I ran into a major problem: speedhacks, turbo mode, and frame skipping are having absolutely NO effect on the game AT ALL!

So, needless to say I think there's some problems and I wanted to see if I could get any help. I've been playing PS2 for years but I'm really quite new to emulators in general, so I really don't know my way around them. Hope to get some help soon, peace.

Sponsored links

i think that game needs to pass near-maximum requirement
Quote:Maximum Req. :
i7 Extreme series unlocked by 5Ghz and gddr5~ Super-OC edition video card or Nvidia GTX-Ti Super-OC edition and excess of 256-bit bandwidth

have you try turbo mode "TAB" key to try to run in benchmark mode...if still persists then it's your CPU temperature better check it using CoreTemp.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
CPU of I5/I7 at 3.2 Ghz+ and a Good GPU is almost sufficient to play this game at almost playable speed. Tongue2

Anyways Care to mention your CPU too. Smile
Whats the EE/GS% when you get slowdowns?

Speedhacks may sometimes not help when your CPU/GPU is lagging (a lot) and cannot run at fullspeed.

Turbo mode doesn't help you speedup the game. It changes the Maximum FPS (FPS Limiter) of the game. Tongue2
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
These games are known to be very slow, they're very hard to emulate correctly.