Speed boost
have you tried to set both of the clamping to none or recommend normal. or try to set the vu cycle stealing to 1 or 2. i'm certain atleast wipeout fusion should run a lil faster and slightly more 'acceptable' on some tracks, and with this hardware.

Sponsored links

Have to be careful with VU cycle stealing. If a game is EE heavy it may only make performance worse unless coupled with a EE cyclerate increase.
(02-06-2018, 07:01 AM)pandubz Wrote: Have to be careful with VU cycle stealing. If a game is EE heavy it may only make performance worse unless coupled with a EE cyclerate increase.

Care to explain? 
How can you..well measure the E.E of a game? Like you said before: EE Heavy? and how to configure it?
You don't. For reference, the EE is the Emotion Engine, the PS2's main CPU. PS2 games are just like PC games, they're made by people in a certain programming style. Some games will be well optimized, some won't. By EE heavy game I mean one that uses a lot of the EE's potential. A good example that I have would be the Ratchet and Clank series.

VU cycle stealing allows EE cycles to be given to the VUs, so in a game that is already "EE Heavy", this takes away EE time and hands it off to the VUs instead, which just slows things down.