Speed boost
You guys know if there is a way to disable the Flares (or similar) in Gran turismo 3? 

my game seriously has a serious slowdown when i'm inside a sunset track or a night-time track, otherwise in the standard day-light tracks it runs just fine.  Huh

Also there's also a way to boost games like Ape Escape 3 (40 FPS mostly and 20 like on desert stages)

Hot pursuit 2 which has lots of lag on Autumn valley and outback

And WipEout Fusion which it has a overall fps of 33 Without having to depend on the Cycle stealing and such?  Excl

My PC specs are as follows:

AMD FX-6300 Six-Core
NVIDIA GT730 EVGA 4GB
8GB RAM

I appreciate any kind of answer that could help me with this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

not much you can do...
unfortunately, you need a better CPU in your case.this one scores around 1400 where you would need 1800 STP.
your GPU is too weak to handle higher than 1x native in those games too.

In a few games, though, try various skipdraw values to disable various effects. that can help (NFSHP2 should benefit from skipdraw = 1)
but don't expect any miracle, though
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Are you using any non-default (Emulation(core), GSdx Plugin) Settings?
(02-06-2018, 12:08 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Are you using any non-default (Emulation(core), GSdx Plugin) Settings?

How so? i'm using the plugins that came with the 2175 build of PCSX2 1.5.0 if that's what you want to know
(02-06-2018, 01:15 AM)AGT Wrote: How so? i'm using the plugins that came with the 2175 build of PCSX2 1.5.0 if that's what you want to know
No. I'm asking if you changed any options, either in Config > Emulation Settings, or in Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings.

Some options have a big effect on the FPS.
(02-06-2018, 12:08 AM)jesalvein Wrote: not much you can do...
unfortunately, you need a better CPU in your case.this one scores around 1400 where you would need 1800 STP.
your GPU is too weak to handle higher than 1x native in those games too.

In a few games, though, try various skipdraw values to disable various effects. that can help (NFSHP2 should benefit from skipdraw = 1)
but don't expect any miracle, though
Skipdraw disables the fog so there shouldn't be any screen issues with the games..oh man, perhaps the gpu is weak yes but the CPU should be enough to get something from it (PCSX2) more frames and stuff
(02-06-2018, 01:40 AM)AGT Wrote: Skipdraw disables the fog so there shouldn't be any screen issues with the games..oh man, perhaps the gpu is weak yes but the CPU should be enough to get something from it (PCSX2) more frames and stuff
No, sadly AMD CPU's have really weak cores, so it negatively affects performance in PCSX2 which needs powerful single core performance. Did you try enabling the MTVU speedhack and increasing the extra rendering threads in the GSdx settings?
If you're using the OpenGL HW renderer, one last ditch thing you can do is set the Blending Mode from Basic to None, if you haven't already. This may make lighting look dull and remove bloom effects, but in your case it may help pull your FPS out of the ditch (and probably fix the "flares" you mentioned). But I have to echo jesalvein and FlatOut, your hardware is under spec for what most games need and you'll be fighting the entire time to hold a stable framerate.
(02-06-2018, 02:03 AM)pandubz Wrote: If you're using the OpenGL HW renderer, one last ditch thing you can do is set the Blending Mode from Basic to None, if you haven't already. This may make lightning look dull and remove bloom effects, but in your case it may help pull your FPS out of the ditch (and probably fix the "flares" you mentioned). But I have to echo jesalvein and FlatOut, your hardware is under spec for what most games need and you'll be fighting the entire time to hold a stable framerate.

Dammit, Couldn't get more powerful hardware with my current budget...which is none right now
Thank you guys  Blush
(02-06-2018, 01:24 AM)FlatOut Wrote: No. I'm asking if you changed any options, either in Config > Emulation Settings, or in Config > Video (GS) > Plugin Settings.

Some options have a big effect on the FPS.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)