Speed dropping to 40-60% at some points
I'm using pcsx2 to run Ace Combat 4: Distant Thunder - one of my all time favourite games. Up until this point the speed has been pretty consistent at 90-100%, sound has been a little robotic but otherwise no issues. Start of one particular mission however, the speed immediately drops to 40% and then stays between 40 and 60. I have messed around with the settings to try and fix but no use. I am a total emulator noob so there may be something super simple that I'm missing, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to get this amazing game working.

Many thanks

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
(06-10-2018, 03:20 PM)CK1 Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU: Intel Core i7 Quad-Core 7700k (4.2GHz)
RAM: 16GB Corsair VENGENCE DDR4
GPU: 8GB NVIDIA GTX 1080
SSD: 480GB Kingston UV400
HDD: 1TB SATA-III 3.5"

I have not changed any of the default settings as of right now, I did try enabling speedhacks and a few other options but none worked, so I have reverted to default settings.
(06-10-2018, 03:10 PM)Mendozus Wrote: I'm using pcsx2 to run Ace Combat 4: Distant Thunder - one of my all time favourite games. Up until this point the speed has been pretty consistent at 90-100%, sound has been a little robotic but otherwise no issues. Start of one particular mission however, the speed immediately drops to 40% and then stays between 40 and 60. 

Many thanks

Can you be specific on what exactly the mission it is that slows down?
You might want to reset all emulator setting to default, download and use the latest pcsx2 1.5
emulator and graphics card driver.