Speed issue
graphic is enough to play crysis on med-high settings but emulators do tend to be quite slow

i have been thinking about upgrading graphics tho but that is pointless with old processor ....

anyone has few hundred € they don,t need ? Tongue

guess i'll try 0.9.4 version

ummmmm where can i get it both forums and download page only have 0.9.6 ?

Sponsored links

http://www.generalemu.net/pcsx2archive/
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Wink 
(07-09-2009, 02:31 AM)zero29 Wrote: http://www.generalemu.net/pcsx2archive/

WOOOHOOOO that did the trick , 45-55 fps, slightly choppy but who cares Smile)))))))))

THX all Smile Happy Happy Happy Happy

This old comp ain't for trash yet Wink

Will adding Radeon 4850 fix problems ? Or does CPU need an upgrade too ? (This is about to be last upgrade for my pc so i'm a bit picky, and i want to be able to play as much FF's as possible)
The plugin "GSdx" is very good, but not working with the version of "DirectX 11", gives error and not start the emulation and when not using native resolution with most games are graphics errors, such as: God of War II , Urban Reign, etc.. Moreover, the emulator could use more processor, because even the PC is in 50% of use, the emulator detects that is 99%, it is still incompatible with many games of EA GAMES making them very slow or even not playable and Portuguese language pack has many typos, but compared to the 9.5 version is much better and games like PES and God of War are well playable, with very little lag.
the dx11 mode of gsdx uses the dlls of the directx sdk beta, these dlls are not compatible with the windows7 pre release of directx 11, thus it crashes. and ps2 games were never meant to be run at higher than their native resolutions, don't expect that to work without any problems. no idea, what you mean with the cpu usage, though.

@icenorth: the cpu is the main factor for your pcsx2 performance, but if you really want to have fun with this emulator, you gonna need both a cpu and gpu upgrade. the radeon hd 4850 alone won't be able to help you really.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403