Speed stuck at 50% during gameplay
Hi everyone,

I've just started using PCSX2 and I'm experiencing a strange issue. I've tried two different games (Burnout 3: Takedown and SSX On Tour) and, while they run rather smoothly in the menu and while loading, the speed decreases to 50% when the actual gameplay starts.
I've tried quite every solution I was able to come up with, I've also tried to use this thread, but I'm quite stuck with this problem.

Emulator: PCSX2 1.4.0
Graphics: GSdx 20160105132032 (MSVC 19.00, AVX) 1.0.0 [gsdx32-avx]     
Emulation settings: preset 4 (aggressive)

PC:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-5005U CPU @ 2.00 GHz
RAM: 8,00 GB
Video card: Intel® HD Graphics 5500

If you need further information, don't hesitate to ask.
Thanks to everyone in advance!

Sponsored links

You cpu is around 50% weaker than the recommended single threading performance for most games and adding the fact that you are using an igpu,makes it even worse

In short,your laptop is too weak for those game and a lot more
(07-05-2019, 07:56 PM)vsub Wrote: You cpu is around 50% weaker than the recommended single threading performance for most games and adding the fact that you are using an igpu,makes it even worse

In short,your laptop is too weak for those game and a lot more
Hmmm...
I have some doubts about it, honestly. First, I don't have such problem with other games: e.g. Resident Evil 4 and Silent Hill 2 run quite smoothly. Furthermore, the original PS2 had just 32 MB of RAM; that's far less than the RAM of my computer has.
May there be a way to keep aside some additional RAM for PCSX2 to make sure to have more power, or some other way to make PCSX2 use more power?
Thanks anyway for your reply! Biggrin
No.
Pcsx2 doesn't make use of RAM. Emulation in general is more CPU dependant..

Therefore comparing original PS2 hardware to nowadays PC is a complete nonsense.

Get a good CPU, and it'll work well
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Your computer is much more powerful then a PS2 system and if the game you want to run has a PC release that is Win 10 64bit compatible you can run that at much higher settings and framerates then the PS2 could ever dream of achieving.

The issue is that you are not running a PS2 game when you use an PCSX2 you are using software to make a virtual PS2 and that virtual PS2 is running the game. (emu devs cry a little whenever I over simplify it like this). So basically you need enough performance not to run the game but to make a fast enough virtual PS2 that can run the game.