Speedhacks just made my game run slower oO (Devil my cry 3)
uhm yeah.

I just started playing Devil may Cry 3. there was a bit of slowdown even though it said 60 FPS on the top.
since I remembered reading something like this in an FAQ, I figured maybe the speed hacks I had on bugged out the FPS detection, so I turned the EE Cyclerrate and VU Cycle stealing all the way down

instead of slowing down, the game went into almost a slight speed up (~125%, I'm guessing) mode. the ****?

Sponsored links

Yeah--&nbsp The right hacks with the right game (or wrong, rather) can indeed have a negative effect.
all recommended speed hacks VU Cycle stealing up to 1 anything more WILL cause slower gameplay ( based on my own experience )
VU Cycle stealing at 1 will increase a 20 FPS to your game
and what is your CPU
My CPU is a Intel Core i5-2410M @ 2.3GHz
and yeah, I get normal speed when I set EE Cylerate to 2 and VU Cyle stealing to 1
disable EE Cylerate it also decrease speed
nice CPU btw
thank you
(08-12-2011, 09:23 PM)abdo123 Wrote: all recommended speed hacks VU Cycle stealing up to 1 anything more WILL cause slower gameplay ( based on my own experience )
VU Cycle stealing at 1 will increase a 20 FPS to your game
and what is your CPU

vu cycling stealing at any setting makes alot of games perform oddly.

on a related note, vu cycle stealing actually stops causing performance issues in xenosaga when you set it to 2 or 3, rather than 1 -_-
every game react on it's own so what about stop saying "this isn't right" and see for your self
and this purely based on my own experiences on this game not PCSX2