Spider-Man 3 texture glitch
Hello.
I personally tested the one that is written on the wikia.
It's my PC.
It used to lock up everytime you tried to pass Level 1, with the same glitches you described and severe speed/graphics problem.

I downloaded a patch from the thread that has the USA/NTSC version (i have PAL), it works as the PAL, but they reverted the changes of the NTSC tab despite having reports of it working.
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Fixing-u...#pid601446

This fixes the problem of the endless loading screen, but not the graphics problem, as the game has other smaller problems, like random freezing when doing missions.
The audio seem to go on loop when this happens, and freezes forever when the next stage of the mission progresses.
For example, you went to talk with an informer, the game gives you the objective to defeat the Apocalypse thugs, and on the way, the battle music goes on loop with a ridiculously high speed, the lag stops (and goes 60 fps) but when you defeat the last of the thugs, the game freezes and you have to restart the game.
It seems that it has something to do with SPU-2X, and the Memory card emulation, as ejecting the mem cards it prevents the freezing (always) at the start of mission 1.

The software mode seem to fix partially the graphics, but i need heavy speedhacks for the game to go over 30 FPS.
Oddly, in mission 1, the FPS is 60 and there are no graphical glitches, only sound bugs that can cause crash/loading mission stage/loop music.

It is playable, due of the fact i was able to progress as far as obtaining the black suit (stopped playing after due of the frustration for the glitches).

Sponsored links