Sprite/Particle Removal?
I am currently running a game on v1.1.0.5764 and am curious as to whether or not there is a way to remove a specific set of sprites within the game through a tweak, fix or graphics setting, as removing the images through the .ISO would be relatively time consuming. The game in question is Transformers Armada. The game has been running fine, but there are specific sets of sprites (snow particles) that I feel are preventing my system from running it at full speed. I have attempted to search the forums for anything regarding the removal of sprites/particle effects, but have come up with very little. I have tried using the "skip draw" function in the GS plugin settings menu, as well as the other functions below it, and while enabling them has improved the frame rate dramatically, none of them have removed the particles that appear to be causing frame rate drops. (A skip draw value above 10 causes a black screen).

--Any input appreciated.

Sponsored links

Have you tried most other speedhacks in the menu ? I havent spent enough time in PCSX2 menus to know about all the options and speedhacks but if nothing works, I believe its possible to remove particle effects via speedhacks/other hacks specificly made for the game if it really is the problem.

Your game (transformers armada ?) doesnt appear on the compatibility list so either this is completely untested game or the list has been updated lazily.

http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html
Excl Note to self: learn to write shorter posts
(12-02-2013, 09:00 AM)Thewonderboy Wrote: Have you tried most other speedhacks in the menu ? I havent spent enough time in PCSX2 menus to know about all the options and speedhacks but if nothing works, I believe its possible to remove particle effects via speedhacks/other hacks specificly made for the game if it really is the problem.

Your game (transformers armada ?) doesnt appear on the compatibility list so either this is completely untested game or the list has been updated lazily.

http://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html

Sorry for the confusion.

The game is "Transformers" - SLUS-20668

I have tried every option relating to speed hacks, as I spent an hour or so finding which ones positively or negatively effected the frame rate. None of them affected the particles in the game
Try gsdx hardware hack-> skipdraw . Try change value untill fit for you. It skips post processing effect Smile
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y