Spy Fiction FMV problems
Sad 
I recently got Spy Fiction, and when attempting to emulate it, (Version is 0.9.8, by the way) I had a problem with the FMV cutscenes, and I believe it crashed after the Prologue. The FMVs have a weird black box covering 90% of the screen, and what I can see appears to flicker. Otherwise, the game runs fine, a bit of slowdown where it's overly snowy. I have not had this problem with any other of the 3 games I have tried emulating with PCSX2, and I tried using several different drivers to no avail.
Screenshot of a cutscene...
[Image: vgd39.jpg]

Sponsored links

tried software mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-26-2012, 11:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: tried software mode ?

Yes, I have tried that. Nothing seemed to change.
Looks like a good old bug then Tongue You can try setting clamping of VU and EE to their highest levels, changing VU recompilers and in general fiddling in case something fixes it, but it probably won't Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
If Bositman's suggestion doesn't work, can you please edit your first post according to this thread : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Ho...RE-posting
and then report back so that we can move it in the bug report section ?

thx in advance Wink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-28-2012, 02:11 PM)jesalvein Wrote: If Bositman's suggestion doesn't work, can you please edit your first post according to this thread : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Ho...RE-posting
and then report back so that we can move it in the bug report section ?

thx in advance Wink

Bosit's suggestion did not work... well, it worked a little bit, but the game crashed immediately after. However, after reading the thread you had linked, I downloaded the most recent SVN to see if that would work better. It did. FMVs now run perfectly, no flicker. I was able to make it past the prologue. I guess you can lock the thread now.