Spy Fiction (Japanese version) crashes/freezes when taking photos
The game works fine for the most part, outside of a lighting error that doesn't bother me much. But whenever I take a photo (which is how you get disguises in the game), the game immediately freezes if I choose to keep the photo. Sometimes it just freezes until you close it, but rarely it'll crash with this message:
Quote:..\..\x86\newVif_Dynarec.cpp(182) : assertion failed:
    Function:  VifUnpackSSE_Dynarec::ModUnpack
    Thread:    MTVU
    Condition: false

Stacktrace:
[00] 0x002E6030                                  
[01] 0x001F39C9                                  
[02] 0x001F329A                                  
[03] 0x001F3372                                  
[04] 0x005D7A85                                  
[05] 0x005D79D5                                  
[06] 0x005D78F3                                  
[07] 0x0042D062                                  
[08] o__CIpow                                    
[09] BaseThreadInitThunk                         
[10] RtlSubscribeWnfStateChangeNotification      
[11] RtlSubscribeWnfStateChangeNotification      
[12] 0x089C7488  

Everything is set to the preset 2 - safer, though setting it to safest doesn't change anything. The only other thing I have on is the MTVU speedup. My GSdx settings are 1920x1080 with bilinear texture filtering with 16x anisotropic filtering, CRC Hack Level is Full, and nothing else changed. It freezes in Software mode too, so I doubt any of this is the problem.

Attached Files
.txt   emuLog.txt (Size: 1,19 KB / Downloads: 120)

Sponsored links

Try disabling MTVU.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Oh, I forgot to mention I tried that too. It didn't change anything either.
can you please post the emulog after you had a crash ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I tried to get it to crash again, but even after about 20 tries it wouldn't; it just freezes and sits there until I close the emulator, with that emulog I put in the original post.

Edit: I just realized that it only crashes if I'm playing by loading my save, not from starting a new game. So I guess the problem is with my save instead. False alarm.
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
make sure you don't restart the emulator after it crashed. It would reset the emulog.txt file
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-13-2016, 08:08 AM)Jocosity Wrote: I tried to get it to crash again, but even after about 20 tries it wouldn't; it just freezes and sits there until I close the emulator, with that emulog I put in the original post.

Edit: I just realized that it only crashes if I'm playing by loading my save, not from starting a new game. So I guess the problem is with my save instead. False alarm.

That's a memory card save or savestate? Also by false alarm you mean if you don't load that save game it won't hang, right?
Can you try the latest Git build? I changed some unpack stuff since 1.4.0
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-13-2016, 09:57 AM)prafull Wrote: That's a memory card save or savestate? Also by false alarm you mean if you don't load that save game it won't hang, right?

It's a memory card save. It is a US region save that I changed to a JPN region save so that I could use my old save bonuses, but I figured as long as it loaded in the beginning it wouldn't matter. And yeah, as long as I don't use that save it doesn't hang. I found another JPN save online and I'm just gonna use that instead.

Also it still happens in the new 1.5 git build, so I'm assuming it is just something weird going on with my save.