Sstate Corruption Fix?
I agree totally with this, the reason I pointed the save cycling like a reasonable option to reduce the chances of total loss. To add to the problem, often is the user the main guilt of corruptions... like inputting a wrong cheat code and "sstating" it, something which not even removing the offending code will help... only a total memory cleaning from a memcard load gives some hope to correct things in this case.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

such cheat codes are usually applied to ranges that infrequently change, so backing up the original and using a buffer to detect and update recent attempts to change it could be utilised.
I fear I didn't follow... let's just imagine using the 1 for first byte and actually stating it as "short" as an example where even a "correct" code may bug things badly... in this case the "problem" is with the pnach engine which will get that 1 as part of the address (0 is the actual game area while 2 is a mirror to it)... that offset would fall normally in the area dedicated to hardware control... such code could have a MONSTER bug which could not show immediately but probably crash the whole thing when hit. A normal load from memcard clean this kind of problem easily where a sstate would perpetuate it.

Sorry, this was a gross example but there are so many variables to control that turn actual implementation or plainly impossible or unworthy the trouble, notice I'm not even telling about the huge performance impact.

As yourself pointed correctly, sometimes the corruption can be due to emulation flaw and so, almost impossible to detect.

The idea of backing up memory changes is not and should not be a sstate function... in the above example, what you propose could be implemented in the pnach engine, maybe. Still it can't grant the back up data is what it should be...

PS: I could point non "raw" cheat code as the most common cause of user inputted memory corruption, along different versions between the actual game and the code.
Imagination is where we are truly real
no, not a sstate function, i was responding to how cheat codes can remain in affect until after you reboot the game as they aren't updated frequently but control aspects of the game which glitch if they aren't the correct value at a given time.