Stabilize KH2 Final Mix?
Hey,
Yesterday i found a Kh2 Final Mix Eng Menu Patch and wanted to try it out so i got Pcsx2 0.9.7.
The game is running with 60 fps but if i get into a fight it gets down to 45-55.

My question:
Could someone pls help me with the right settings so that it can be stabilized? or is that even possible with my Computer?

My PC:
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.3 Ghz
4095.1 MB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Pcsx2:

Sponsored links

dont change round mode, also supervu is faster in kingdom hearts,
also try the august plugins pack...

edit: also i dont think all those speedhacks give you anything...
in some tests only wait loop gave a small boost on my gf's laptop (that is worse than your pc and gpu limited but as for the cpu it runs kinda ok)
play some with the hacks dont turn them on cause they are recommended lol... the less the better
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Thansk for the tip =). Now it runs on 60 fps in fight Smile.

BUT

Now i have another Problem.
At the point in the game there i start playing Sora the game just goes blackscreen. I tried to chande settings but that didnt help -.-. ( and i dont think that this is a problem with the game couse i can load a lvl 99 save)

Is there a gamefix somethere for situations like this?? ^^
deactivate speedhacks, use microvu put clamps back to normal or even try full, also software mode maybe works (F9)
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
If you're using the patch I think you're using, then that's the patch and not pcsx2 that causing the crash. Can you post a link to the site/thread that has the patch? I don't know how many patches there are for KH2FM but the only one "good" one I've seen has a bug where if you enter the menu after getting an item it will crash unless you first hit a save point. The problem is/would be that after the cutscene you're on, you get an item and the menu opens at the same time, crashing the game. But again, I need to see the patch you're using.
(09-27-2010, 04:25 AM)Vincenth Wrote: If you're using the patch I think you're using, then that's the patch and not pcsx2 that causing the crash. Can you post a link to the site/thread that has the patch? I don't know how many patches there are for KH2FM but the only one "good" one I've seen has a bug where if you enter the menu after getting an item it will crash unless you first hit a save point. The problem is/would be that after the cutscene you're on, you get an item and the menu opens at the same time, crashing the game. But again, I need to see the patch you're using.

If that were the case, noone would be able to get past that bit with the English Patch. I'm not saying you're wrong per se, but that cutscene is mandatory in the game so EVERYONE has to go through it, so Everyone would crash there if it gave an item and opened menu, no?

You're still probably right though, it's likely the patch causing the crash than anything in PCSX2.
Hey,
the patch im using was made by majik ( http://majik.comoj.com/main/ )
btw i dont think that the crash was caused by the patch couse the normal fm also goes blackscreen at that point.

And it also stops if i try to load or save -.- ... why is that??

Does someone maybe has a save there he just finished roxas? ^^ maybe that works.

( worked for 10h just now so forgive my bad english ^^)

Edit: I just tried normal kh2 (europe) and that works normal ... so its a problem with the final mix.