Star Ocean 3
playing my backup version of star ocean 3 finally i never got to enjoy it because my model of ps2 wouldnt run the game. now that im playing it i have to use my ps3 controller with Ds3 program as my gamepad... while playing the game i am having difficulties using the special arts abilities (I.E. fayts aerial attack etc...) i do not quite understand how to trigger these abilities they just seem to happen randomnly. are they pressure sensitive? this system is a little diffrent than star ocean 1 and 2. if someone could help me out i would be very appreciative.

Sponsored links

if you hold the button it would trigger the skills (o for heavy attack, hold o for the skill you have assigned it to.)
also distance is a part of it too, you see in the top corner ''far'' and ''near'' (or something of the sorts)
if you look into your skills you see that you can assign skills from that position (so a skill says far x and o and near x and o)

so example of the skills you finbd in the menu:

near:
o - arial slash
x - ice blade

far:
o - side kick
x - fireblade

this would mean if you are in battle and on the top corner it would say near (when you are close to an enemy, far if you are at a large distance of the enemy)
and you hold o you would activate arial slash
if the top corner says far you would activate side kick

same applies to the skills you have assigned to x

i know it is a bit confusing but it is the best way i could discribe it at the moment xP
ok so just to clarrify: there is S and O options for skills i can assign any skill to them just wether they are far or near depends if they will work. but thanks man i really appreciate the information.
(01-22-2013, 10:58 PM)holypsycho Wrote: ok so just to clarrify: there is S and O options for skills i can assign any skill to them just wether they are far or near depends if they will work. but thanks man i really appreciate the information.

the S stands for short (close to enemy)
the L stands for long (away from the enemy)

if you would assign a skill to S then when you are near the enemy and hold the button it would activate the skill

if you assign a skill to L then if you are away from the enemy the skill would activate if you would hold the button

x is weak attack and o is strong attack, so if you would have activate a skill with x and the enemy is defending it gets canceled out, so be carefull what skills you assign to which button

my advice, attacking skills on o and support skills on x (iceblade on x for example because it strentthen your blade and does not affect the enemy directly)

hope this helps out
thank you very much WarWeeny i appreciate you taking the time to explain the combat system to me. have a fantastic day
(01-22-2013, 11:24 PM)holypsycho Wrote: thank you very much WarWeeny i appreciate you taking the time to explain the combat system to me. have a fantastic day

the day is almost over for me xD