Star Ocean 3 Battle Crash
Hey all,

Um I recently started playing star ocean 3 and of course as everyone knows, there are problems with fps during cutscenes and a lot of the different maps. In any event, I know that's being worked on and I'm greatful Smile But what I want to know is if anyone is getting crashes during battles? My fps dips to like...30-45fp sometimes during battles like when im in the Royal City of Airyglyph and Aqueducts. As people may read this thread that haven't played SO3 but will want to..I'll limit the spoilers lol. At this point you have 3 characters for the first time well almost for the first time. And in the fights you're facing anywhere between 2-4 mobs and for some reason ti lags a lot and at times when im fighting and the other 2 are as well, it crashes. This happens mainly when skills are spammed lol not sure why. BUT if I stand in the right (not the direction...correct i mean) corner i can get my fps to like 60ish and i just wait it out until my team beats 1 or 2 mobs down so there's one left. Then i go in and help or else it'd crash. It's kind of annoying cause i have to constantly save but yea. Was just wondering if n e one else gets this and if so is there a temporary solution or anything.

thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

Config/Rig please.

Btw I bet it's happening 'cuz of your speedhacks. Disable them (Mainly x3, maybe even the x2.)

1.5x should be okay though. Try it again withouth speedhacks. If the crashes occur again, please post with proper details. Settings/Rig/
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
Btw is this game running good on DX9 or it requares DX10 and/or SSE4,because the last time I've tried it,there was some problems with the graphic.
im running it on xp pro so DX9 and with the GSdx 0.1.7 SSE2 and it works fine. There are some graphic glitches but quite minor in my case.

yea i do have speedhacks on..i'll turn them off or lower it to 1.5. in the mean time my rig is as follows:

Q6600 2.4ghz (stock)
8800GT xxx edition
4GB ram (but only like 3.3GB is officially registered or w.e. on the PC Wacko xp pro doesn't see more than about 3-3.3gb for some reason.)
XP Pro SP3
most recent DirectX version

hope that's enough info on rig lol

settings are as follows (using these settings for SO3):
GSdx (MSV 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.7 - direct3d9 hardware, p.shader 3, blend bff (slight blur, 1/2 fps) d3d internal native. texture filtering, logarithmic Z, alpha correction
ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6 for sound
CPU - following checked: EERec, VU0rec, VU1rec, Multi threaded GS Mode, Frame Skip
advanced - EE Recs (round mode - chop/zero, clamp mode - none, flush to zero/denormals are zero) VU Recs (chop/zero, clamp mode - none, flush to zero/denormals are zero
speed hacks - turning it to 1.5x now but was at x2....INTC Sync Hack, IOPx2, WaitCycles all checked.

edit: just tried it on x1.5 it seemed to crash even faster lol
Why not get latest GDSX?

btw. it uses only 3.3 gb, cuz you have a 32 bit copy of window. 3.3 gb is max with it.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
yea i knoy about the 32bit thing Tongue but um...i didn't use the latest gdsx cause for some reason the game runs better with 0.1.7. that's what's been posted in other threads before too so i dunno Wacko and i tried using a more updated version and it lags like crazy lol

edit: I just took the interlacing off and it runs a lot smoother but thing is...lol it's a BIT shaky but i think i can deal with that but i can't see text!!!! lol in battle i can see the HP and stuff but i can't see the exp i gain or the fol or n e menu text lol Tongue

edit2: ok i just restarted pcsx2 and it works fine but thing is..it's shaky Wacko so i put one of the saw tooth tff or w.e. on it it's a lot better but still shakes a bit and hurts my eyes lol at least battles are ALOT smoother i guess Wacko

n e suggestions?
use the right interlacing option?

no screenshaking with bob tff. Just tried it a few secs ago.
You guys know this is one those games that has the progressive option to run so you don't need any interlace modes if you push triangle and x on boot.
Also playing this game, and I get no crashes in battles.
No slowdowns or other annoying stuff either.
I also recommend the progressive scan option btw.
(03-26-2009, 08:34 PM)yunsabit Wrote: use the right interlacing option?

no screenshaking with bob tff. Just tried it a few secs ago.

yea im using it now and there's just a tiny bit of shake but i can live with that Smile

and oh since changing the interlace option there have been no crashes Smile

oh also kind of off topic BUT...uh i just used the x4 sp cheat right...and the code is input correctly and all. After a char levels up they're supposed to get x4 SP and it says so after the battle saying who leveled up and such and I see that it's x4 the amount of sp...HOWEVER when i go into menu it's only x2 Wacko lol uh...n e one know why this happens?

edit: sorry didn't refresh the page before i saw the 2 progressive scan option stuff...um what is it exactly?

edit2: i just tried the progressive scan thing. i pushed x and triangle at the same time during the black screen at the beginning. i assume that's where the "boot" is? also how do i know if it's on or not Wacko