Star Ocean 3 Configuration
Hey, all. I've been trying to work this out for a couple days now and have been scouring forums, but I can't seem to get things to work properly. Considering that I've found some posts from years ago with people running SO3 on older equipment, I have no idea why I can't get this right.

I'm not sure which specs will be helpful to provide, but what I've got so far is:

PCSX2 V 1.0

Video Plugin: Direct3D10 (Hardware)
Original Resolution: Native
---Texture Filtering is ON
---8-Bit Textures is ON (deactivating doesn't seem to make a difference)

GS Plugin: GSdx 5334 (SSE41) 0.1.16 [gsdx32-sse4-r5350]

*I've played with the speedhacks, but I'm only getting ~60FPS when there's little activity on the screen (and the menu works perfectly); otherwise, I'm getting anywhere between 25-50FPS
*During battles, anytime anyone activates a strong attack, it causes ALL characters (and some other objects in the field) to glow purple, and takes a few seconds to dissipate.

My computer is fairly new; it's running Windows 8 (it doesn't have any compatibility problems with running PCSX2 for other games so far). It's got a Core i3 Processor and 4 gigs of RAM... I'm really not sure what's important to provide at the moment. It runs everything else really well, and works like magic for my PSX emulator and runs FFX with no more problems than anyone else experiences.

I throw myself at the mercy of those who know better than me, and I can promise you lots and lots of good wishes if you can help me with this. :-)

Thanks!

Sponsored links

(08-13-2013, 01:28 AM)DavidDruid Wrote: My computer is fairly new; it's running Windows 8 (it doesn't have any compatibility problems with running PCSX2 for other games so far). It's got a Core i3 Processor and 4 gigs of RAM... I'm really not sure what's important to provide at the moment. It runs everything else really well, and works like magic for my PSX emulator and runs FFX with no more problems than anyone else experiences.

That doesn't sound promising... FFX is amongst the easiest to emulate PS2 games and PSX games can run full speed on a sub 1ghz PC from well over a decade ago.

SO3 isn't the most challenging of games to emulate, but it still takes a relatively beefy machine to keep running perfectly. To be certain you can post your full CPU and GPU specs (type "dxdiag" in windows 8 search and post the info from the first page) but I can already tell you you probably just don't have a fast enough machine.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(08-13-2013, 01:43 AM)Koji Wrote: To be certain you can post your full CPU and GPU specs (type "dxdiag" in windows 8 search and post the info from the first page) but I can already tell you you probably just don't have a fast enough machine.

Thanks for getting back to me! What really got to me was that I was seeing posts from 2009 from people who were apparently running SO3 perfectly. Surely, my new-ish computer should be better than that, right? Ha ha.

The results I got were as follows:

Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite L875
BIOS: 6.20
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-3110M CPU @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3980MB RAM
Page File: 3173MB used, 7717MB available
Windows Dir: C:\windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode
Also, here's an example of the weird glowing that occurs to objects whenever a character uses the type of attack that would ordinarily only enshroud him/her in purple:

[Image: ?ui=2&ik=f2d0a674c2&view=att&th=14076617...w&sadssc=1]

Any suggestions on how to clear that up?
You could press f9, but your cpu will probably be too slow to handle this correctly.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go