Star Ocean 3 Slight Lag
Alright, so I'm sure these forums are plagued with a million similar threads, so I wanted to apologize and thank you for any assistance any of you give me in advance. I did look around for a bit, but I can never find anyone with an identical problem or solution to my own, so here I am.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

My problem isn't "that" major, I run at a steady 50 - 60 FPS, when it's at 60 things seem fine, but when it comes to populated area's, or large places with lots of room, my FPS tends to drop to around 50 and the lag is rather noticable. I'm simply trying to find a few settings I can edit or plugins I can use, or anything (I'm a bit of a novice with this ps2 emulator), that would reduce my overall lag during gameplay and speed things up. I'll list my settings below, including dxdiag information. Thanks!

DXDiag Information:
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: X58-USB3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 GHz (8 CPU's), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Page file: 2937 MB used, 9345 MB available
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Display:
Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (I'm upgrading this soon, temporary card)
Approx. Total Memory: 3816 MB
Current Display Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

DirectX Features:
DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
Direct3D Acceleration: Enabled
AGH Texture Acceleration: Enabled

The following link has all of my settings within the emulator.

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc177...mation.png

If anything else is necessary to assist, just say the word - Thanks again for any support!

Sponsored links

simply put.

you need more mhz.
I see, sorry for the naive question, but what part exactly would I have to upgrade to get more Mhz?
(06-19-2011, 10:38 PM)Krim Leingod Wrote: I see, sorry for the naive question, but what part exactly would I have to upgrade to get more Mhz?

u can overclock ur cpu, the 920 can get a nice oc, if u dont know what overclocking is remember google is ur friend^^
Right.
You already have nice hardware but it lacks the last bit of punch.
Check google for guides on slightly overclocking your i7 920.
Aye, I'll look into overclocking, I've just heard it can mess things up a bit if it gets overheated and all that, but if it's my only viable option, I'll look into it and give it a go.

Thanks for the advice.
the i7 voltage affects the temps mostly
the stock vid for an i7 920 is 0.965-1.25v. the vdroop spec sets 1.25v as the maximum with it running anywere between the 2 values i stated on stock+auto

stock cooling should be limited to overclocking around the maximum vid, so setting the voltage to 1.25 and enabling load line calibration/disabling vdroop stabilise the voltage fluctuations.
(06-20-2011, 11:26 PM)Krim Leingod Wrote: Aye, I'll look into overclocking, I've just heard it can mess things up a bit if it gets overheated and all that, but if it's my only viable option, I'll look into it and give it a go.

Thanks for the advice.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/over...,2268.html

maybe this can help u o/