Star Ocean 3 Speed Issue
Hi guys, so I tried this game a few months ago and it worked fairly well getting speeds of 30-50 fps. Thats not playable for me so I put it on hold in hope that later versions would improve speed.

I tried it again today with a few diffrent betas including the latest, and the official release. I cant seem to get anymore than 25 fps during gameplay, menus all work fine. Using Dx9 there is a graphical glitches of the characters shadow which wasnt present last time I tried. Im using the Pal version of the game. I checked the CPU usage during emulation and it stays at about 50-60 %.

Heres what Ive tried so far:
Pcsx2 9.6, beta 1474, beta 1736 and beta 1888
Gsdx 1479, 1650, 1832, 1846, Dx9/10 on hardware and software
Tried in both XP and Windows 7

Anyone have any insights to offer?
Specs are in my sig please tell me if you need additional info.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb

Sponsored links

The way i got mine to work was turn on almost all the speedhacks, i dont know if you need them all, but i didnt notice a difference in other games with them on/off but it helped with this one, i had 1.5x cycle rate, the 3 middle ones checked, status flag hack checked, and VU Cycle stealing moderate and it runs at a constant 60 fps even through all the movies. It may not take them all to get there but i left them on anyway since it works and didnt have any problems for me.
Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Bit
Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
Sorry, can't imagine what's wrong. But you should be getting double those fps, that much I know.
So hod do other games run for you?
Someone else in another thread got a big speedup by upgrading the BIOS on their Asus mainboard. I forget if they had a P5N or P4N though. Still might be something worth considering. For him it gave like a 50% increase in 3dMark bench results or something.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Thanks for the answers, Ive tried with speedhacks on and it does nothing. I have the same mobo as I did before but I guess I could update bios to see if it makes a diffrence. Im currently playing Wild Arms 3 and its running full speed with no fps drops, tried FFX and FFXII again and they also work at full speed. I really cant figure out whats wrong since my cpu isnt even working at full.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb