Star Ocean 3 help
Hey just looking at the original OPS specs I would hazard a guess and say Nvidia Optimus is not utilizing the main GPU when he launches PCSX2.

Sponsored links

@op
Can you check what have you selected in the video adapter drop down list at gsdx plugin settings.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
@BigBenn: If i'm not in software mode, it starts from the very first cut scene and seems to happen sometimes when transitioning from scene to scene as well while just walking around. They don't seem to last that long but they come up somewhat often.

@ssakash: Mostly defaults I think. Direct3D9 (hardware), interlacing on auto, checked box on native ps2 res, texture filtering, Log Z, Alpha correction. Everything else unchecked.
Yay! Okay, can you go into Config -> Plugin/Bios Selector, Change the GS plugin to GSdx32-AVX2 version. Your CPU supports this and it's the fastest version of GSdx.

Next, can you go into Config -> Video (GS) -> Plugin Settings, Have the Adapter set to NVIDIA GT 840m, Change the Renderer to Direct3D 11 (Hardware). Interlacing - Auto, Original PS2 Resolution should be checked. Texture Filtering should be Box checked. Allow 8-bit should be off. Enable HW Hacks should be checked. Click on Configure next to Enable HW Hacks, and check Alpha Stencil (fixes shadows).. That should be it, can you report back with the findings?

I'm using the latest Github version for my reference, by the way.
I forgot to mention, we should configure the speedhacks page too. Go to Config -> Emulation Settings -> Speed Hacks tab. Enable Speedhacks if it isn't already, then leave EE Cyclerate and VU Cyclestealing on 1/0 respectively (left most option). Enable INTC Spin Detection, Enable Wait Loop Detection, mVU Flag Hack, and MTVU should all be enabled.

Also, just to make sure, go to the System tab on PCSX2. Make sure Automatic Gamefixes is checked.
Wow, that is amazing. I now have 60 fps during gameplay and cut scenes. Also, I made a new game to see if I had black screens and none! Thank you so much haha.
Anytime, something sounded wrong so I gave you the settings I'm using right now. Enjoy the game, it looks cute! =)